Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Stitch Fix #2 - March 2014 - Even Better than My First One!!

I have been anxiously awaiting (OK, stalking) my 2nd Stitch Fix box and it did not disappoint!


Stitch Fix is like Christmas morning for adults and what you see below is the present!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First - a little bit about what Stitch Fix is and how it works:

Stitch Fix is a personal styling service. You tell them your style, size, and budget preferences, and they'll send you a package of stylish goodies to try on at home. Each Fix™ is unique and hand-picked just for you.

How does it work?

1. Sign Up (you can click on this link and do so) and Complete Your Style Profile - After signing up you can start immediately on your Style Profile.  They need to know your size, shape, style, budget, and lifestyle to get your Fix right. The Style Profile will take about 10 minutes to complete.

2. Schedule a Stitch Fix - Pick a shipment date, and they’ll send you a box of 5 clothing and accessory items they’ve hand-picked just for you.  You can even opt to schedule a monthly delivery if you'd like.  You pay a $20 styling fee when your stylist selects the items in your Stitch Fix. This $20 fee will be applied as a credit toward anything you keep from your shipment.

3. Try On All Of Your Items - Try on everything they send you—you never know what you’ll like until you see it on (trust me on this one). Pair each piece with items already in your closet to try different outfit options. Each item includes style cards with ideas and inspiration on how to wear it.

4. Decide - Take 3 days to decide what you’ll keep. Return the items you don't want in the pre-paid mailing bag (they include this in your box) at any USPS mailbox.

5. Check Out - Login to your account and pay for those items you kept.  If you buy all 5 items you save 25% off the entire shipment price.  Make sure to leave them feedback on your Stitch Fix shipment so they know what did and didn’t work for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enough technical stuff - Here's what was in my 2nd Fix....

First off, they add a nice little envelope with a note from your stylist about why they selected the pieces they did for you, as well as styling cards that give you ideas on how to style each piece.



Great touches!  Once again, I really felt like my stylist took the time to choose items she thought I'd like by looking at my Pinterest boards and notes I wrote on my profile (which I update after each fix) I filled out.  Plus, in my feedback from Box #1, I specifically requested some pieces that I was looking to buy in Box #2:  navy pants/jeans, a royal blue top, and/or a particular dress I saw another Stitch-Fixer received in their box.  My stylist definitely listened to my feedback and sent me navy jeans and a royal blue top as requested (actually - the royal blue top was one I had pinned on Pinterest from another person's Fix).  I had pinned the navy tulip top as well.  
THANK YOU FABULOUS STYLIST!!    

Here's what was in my box:


Ivy Tulip Print Tab Sleeve Blouse - $68
Abigail Colorblock Lace Trim Top - $58
Burlington Ruffle Overlay Sleeveless Blouse - $48
Denna Skinny Jean - $78
Leopard Print Infinity Scarf - $28

Piece #1 - Let's start with the 41 Hawthorne Ivy Tulip Print Tab Sleeve Blouse - $68




This was the piece I was most excited about when I Googled what was in my box.  I had pinned this shirt a while ago, and was so excited my stylist noticed and sent it to me!  I literally took it out of the box saying, "please, please, please fit!!".  


I was instantly impressed with the quality of this top!  The fabric is actually heavier than I thought it would be and it's very well made.  It's silky to the touch also, which I like.  Plus, this shirt is one I had pinned on my Pinterest board and have wanted for a while.  It's a bit small overall, but I am losing weight, so I decided to keep it!   

VERDICT:  KEPT

Piece #2 - Mystree Abigail Colorblock Lace Trim Top - $58


This is the royal blue top I had pinned on Pinterest.  My stylist noticed and sent it to me.  Talk about a great layering piece!  


I can wear this to work with black pants and a suit jacket, or more casually with jeans and a cardigan like I did in this photo.  The back is made of a soft, black polyester/spandex material, so you don't really have to worry much about whether this top will fit or not since the back stretches. 


The detailing on the front is really beautiful too!  I like the slight sheerness to the top, shoulder area.  It's double-lined though, so you don't notice your bra straps under it.  The top is a great length too, which I like!  $58 is more than I would usually spend on a top, but since this is one I pinned and had on my wish list, I decided to go for it!  I think I'll wear this top A LOT!!

VERDICT:  KEPT 

Piece #3 - Papermoon Burlington Ruffle Overlay Sleeveless Blouse - $48




When I Googled what was in my Fix, I was probably most skeptical about how this piece would fit since the fabric doesn't "give" much.  (As I mentioned before, I'm very busty).  Much to my delight, when I slipped it over my head IT FIT!


I added a grey cardigan as the styling card suggested and then began pondering... Normally, I like my tops to be a bit longer in the front (by about an inch or two).  This top has a high/low design.  Also, despite the bright color (which I LOVE), it was kind of boring to me for $48.  The fit of the next piece (the Denna Skinny Jean) was actually what decided the fate of this blouse (and the scarf)! 

VERDICT:  (I'll tell you in a second)  :)

Piece #4 - Kut from the Kloth Denna Skinny Jean - $78


I made the mistake of drying the pants I got last month in the dryer (and turning them into ankle-length pants.  Luckily for me, that's in style right now), so I specifically asked for long length pants/jeans this month to make up for my lack of laundry prowess.  Plus, 5'7" is kind of that weird height where you can go with normal length pants or long ones depending on where you want them to hit you.  I chose the latter!


That being said, I was still skeptical!  After all, what are the odds of pants fitting two months in a row that a person who has never met me picked out for me?!  Well, when the jeans are made of cotton (and 2% Spandex) and your stylist listens to the feedback you give re:  color/length, those odds are amazing!  And the price point was perfect!!  These little beauties are mine (and the fate of the blue shirt and leopard print scarf is sealed - welcome to my closet!!).

(Yes, I know this isn't the best butt-selfie!  Just wanted you to be able to see the back pockets).  :)
  
VERDICT:  KEPT

Piece #5 - Enter the last piece - the 41 Hawthorne Leopard Print Infinity Scarf - $28


I didn't need this scarf!  In fact, I already have a leopard-print infinity scarf that has a darker brown background.  However, the softness of the fabric and the overall quality of the scarf (much nicer than the one I already own), sold me on it.  Plus, this one looks better with my leopard shoes (from Victoria's Secret).  Grrr!


VERDICT:  KEPT

In the end, I loved this Fix even more than my first one!  I had requested less expensive pieces this time (the merchandise total for my first box was $310.00).  This one (which included the more expensive tulip print top that I had pinned on Pinterest), came in at $280.00.  However, if you purchase all 5 of your pieces, Stitch Fix gives you 25% off your purchase.  In this case, the total discount for buying all 5 pieces would be $65.00.  Stitch Fix also deducts the pre-paid $20 styling fee from the purchase price of whatever you buy from your Fix for that month.  So, the cost for me to buy all 5 of my items was $195.00 (plus, the pre-paid styling fee).


I already scheduled my next Fix for 3 weeks out and I can't wait!  This time, I requested some Spring clothes (a coral/peach top like one I pinned from Forever 21, the Barcelona blue/green striped top I've seen other Stitch Fixer's receive, and maybe a fun dress than I can throw a cardigan over for work).  I can't wait to see what my stylist sends me in my next fix!

What did you think of the pieces I selected?  Do you think I should've kept them all or sent some back?  Let me know.  And if you like this blog and want to sign up, please click on this link.  If anyone signs up by clicking this link, I will receive a $25 referral credit towards my next Fix (which I really could use since the boxes they send me seem to be right on)!!  :)

XOXO,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment