Wednesday, March 26, 2014

MARCH 2014 STITCH FIX REVIEW - My 3rd One!!

I was so excited to get another Stitch Fix (and in need of Spring clothes) that I actually scheduled a second Fix for late March.  In case you missed my first two Fixes, you can see them here (#1 - February 2014) and here (#2 - March 2014 - First Fix).  Both of these posts explain the process and how to sign up.  

For this "Fix", I requested some dressy Capri pants that I can wear to work and some springy blouses.  I specifically asked for something similar to a sold-out peach top I pinned on Pinterest from Forever21 .  

Here's what was in my "Fix":


1.  41 HAWTHORNE Natasha Front Pocket Sleeveless Blouse - $54
2.  41 HAWTHORNE Moni Horseshoe Print Stud Detail Top - $58
3.  POMELO Aleah V-Neck Heathered Dolman Sleeve Shirt - $48
4.  MARGARET M Emer Geo Print High Waisted Crop Pant - $98
5.  RENEE C Huebert Space Dye Open Cardigan - $58

A closer look:


1.  Natasha Front Pocket Sleeveless Blouse - $54


Let me start off by saying I LOVE this color!!  It's a beautiful wild orchid color (that is right on trend).  I also love the purple buttons with gold detailing.  As you can see though, this top just didn't fit!  The buttons were straining, which isn't a good look, and the top was too low cut overall.  The material was a nice texture, but it was wrinkled when I pulled it out of the box and it seemed like a top I'd have to iron (and I HATE ironing)!

VERDICT:  SENT BACK   

2.  Moni Horseshoe Print Stud Detail Top - $58


This is actually a top I had pinned on my Pinterest board that a fellow Stitch Fixer had received months ago.  Naturally, I was really excited to see my stylist chose this for me!  I had pinned several styles of this stud detail top too.  Thank you Erica (AKA - "fabulous stylist") for noticing that!  :).


Much to my dismay though, this top didn't fit either.  Even the sleeve didn't fit right (it was doing some weird gathering thing).  Plus, it made me look really washed out and the material was a bit more sheer than I expected.

VERDICT:  SENT BACK  (Major bummer!)

3.  Aleah V-Neck Heathered Dolman Sleeve Shirt - $48


The fabric of this shirt is sooooo soft!  The color is a beautiful mint green with grey in it which I love.  Plus, it matches my new Lia Sophia necklace perfectly!  


I went back and forth so many times on whether or not to keep this top though!  My dilemma was the fit.  It was a bit big overall and there was too much fabric under the arms.  (At one point when trying it on, I actually started swinging my arms and saying "I'm a raptor!"  - Not the look I'm going for).


I actually marked that I was returning it, but then kept thinking about the color and how soft the fabric was.  I knew I would kick myself for sending it back!  The day after I said I was returning it, I ended up e-mailing Stitch Fix customer service and asking if I could still keep it.  They quickly responded and said it wasn't a problem and charged account for it.  (So easy)!  I ended up wearing it to work the following day along with the grey cardigan in this fix and felt comfortably stylish!


VERDICT:  KEPT

4.  Emer Geo Print High Waisted Crop Pant - $98


These pants are definitely my style.  However, they ended up being wrong for me on so many levels!  First off, they were too small.  Second, the print was not flattering on me at all.  Third, I received a pair of oxblood Emer High Waisted Crop trousers in my first Fix that I ended up shrinking and that I'm always pulling up when I wear them.  In my notes to my stylist this time, I made sure to add that I need any/all pants they send me to have belt loops.  It's exhausting and frustrating to wrestle with your pants all day long!  (In her defense, she didn't know that before sending me these though).  The pants themselves are actually really cute (check out the pattern below), just not on my body.  Lastly, the price is just too high.  After I bought the red pair, I vowed not to spend $98 on another pair of pants.  


VERDICT:  SENT BACK

5.  Huebert Space Dye Open Cardigan - $58


Last but not least, this little beauty!  I have been wanting/requesting this top ever since I first discovered Stitch Fix!  In fact, it's the cover photo of my "My Style" board on Pinterest.  It's lightweight and so comfortable!


  
I am so happy my stylist finally sent this to me and will definitely wear this all the time!  Who-hoo!!  Thank you Erica/Stitch Fix!!

VERDICT:  KEPT



So, as you can see, the the total price for this fix was $316.00 (yikes)!!  If I decided to keep all 5 pieces, I would've received a 25% discount (which in this case, would've been $74).  $316 minus the $20 pre-paid styling fee and the $74 discount = $222.00. 



In the end, I decided to keep the Huebert Space Dye Open Cardigan that I've wanted for so long.  I also kept the light green Dolman shirt.  My total was $106 minus the $20 prepaid styling fee = $86.  After keeping everything in my first two Fixes, I'm a little bummed to be sending three pieces back.  At the same time though, I'm very proud of myself for only keeping the pieces that I'll wear a lot versus getting wrapped up in the novelty and excitement of the stylist/pieces being sent to my house.

For my next fix, I specifically requested some colored denim jeans/Capri pants (with belt loops) and some Spring tops.  I also requested that they send me items with lower price points (no more $98 pants please).  I have to get back on my budget!!  I was actually able to schedule another Fix for next week (can't believe there was one available that soon), so hopefully the items in that Fix will fit better.

If you'd like to sign up for your own Fix, feel you can do so by clicking here.  I'll get a referral credit for anyone who signs up using this link.  (It would be greatly appreciated!  Please and thank you in advance).  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment