Monday, March 17, 2014

IPSY March 2014 "Glam Bag" Review

This is my review of the March 2014 IPSY (formerly My Glam) Glam bag.   The theme of this month's bag was "Destination Beauty".  So fun!  I've subscribed to Ipsy since October 2012 and they never disappoint!

The "Stats" -    

Frequency:  Monthly (automatic renewing)

Cost:  $10.00/month (shipping is free)

Products: From their website - "Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag, with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products."  (Based off the beauty quiz you complete).

Here's what was in my March 2014 IPSY Glam Bag:


This bag included:  (Retail Values are listed for the size actually received in the bag, not the full-sized product unless that's what they sent in the box).

The Products: 
1.  IPSY Make-Up Bag - estimated RV $5.00
2.  Nicole by OPI Nail Polish - .5 fl oz (FULL SIZE) - RV $7.99
3.  Be a Bombshell Eyeshadow Quad in "Bora Bora" - .17 oz (FULL SIZE) - RV $16.00
4.  KLORANE Soothing & Relaxing Patches for Tired Eyes - 2 packs of two in each - RV $5.14
5.  bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in "Get Ready" - .05oz - RV $7.50
TOTAL VALUE of the products I received:  $41.63
MY COST:  $10.00

A closer look at the products:
1.  IPSY Make-Up Bag - (5 stars) - I am usually not a huge fan of the make-up bags since I have so many, but this one is really colorful and fun!  Definitely one I'll throw in a clear beach bag!  Love it!


2.  Nicole by OPI Nail Polish - (4 stars) - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE OPI polish!  I'm just not sure if I'll wear this color or not unless I'm on vacation.  (Can't go into a professional presentation with candy blue nails.  Then again, my nails are painted green for St. Pattie's Day right now, so who knows!).


3.  Be a Bombshell Eyeshadow Quad in "Bora Bora" - (3 stars) - It gets a star for being a full-size quad, which I like.  It also gets one more for each color I would actually wear out of it (that being the dark brown and the tan ones).  I want to love this, I really do.  But a 36-year old woman only has so many places where vibrant blue and orange eye shadow can be worn.  :)  This is going to end up on eBay for sure!


4.  KLORANE Soothing & Relaxing Patches for Tired Eyes - (1 star) - I tried these on my puffy eyes and for about 10 minutes after I took them off, the puffiness was down.  After that, they were back to normal.  Sorry, but these did not work for me!


5.  bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in "Get Ready" - (5 stars) - My IPSY bag came right as I was getting ready to leave for a weekend trip.  This lipstick ended up being what I threw in my purse and wore all weekend!  It is lightweight and creamy.  Loved it!  And it was the perfect color too!!  Would definitely buy this in a full-size if I needed more lipstick.

The final verdict:  3.6 stars!!  Loved the bag and the lipstick, but the eye shadow quad and under-eye depuffers were a bust!  I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep getting my IPSY subscription or not.  I LOVE IT and IT's A GREAT VALUE!!  However, I'm out of room to store any more make-up and nail polish - my Mary Kay holder is full (and there's plenty more make-up that won't fit into it).


And this guy is full too - I am double-layered on the bottom two rows with nail polish!


What do you think?  Time to cancel my IPSY subscription for a while until I use some of this product up?  I'm trying to decide....


In the mean time, if you found this review helpful and you decide you want to try IPSY out, please click on this link.  (I'll get Ipsy points towards a future bonus product).  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment