Tuesday, March 25, 2014

31 Days of Decluttering - Day #5 - Shoes

For some reason, I was excited to do this one (maybe because I love shoes).  I also do not have enough space for my shoes, so anything that might rectify this would be helpful!

Here's my current situation:



I basically have shoes wherever I can fit them:


Here's the steps for today's project according to "From Overwhelmed to Organized".
  • Throw out any shoes that are worn out or broken
  • Store shoes that you want to hand down to a younger child in your family
  • Store off-season shoes that you know will still fit and be worn next season
  • Give away or donate all shoes that don't fit anyone in the family
  • Donate or give away any regular shoes that have not been worn in the last few months
  • Consider the amount of space you have for your shoes.  If you still need to purge further, give away or donate shoes that you have multiple, similar versions of.
The challenge for me for this project is that I LOVE beautiful heels!  The brighter, the shinier, and the more textured, the better.  They're like little works of art to me!  The problem is that whenever I wear them, I have horrible neck and back pain for the next 4 days minimum.  This turns my lovely heels into "sitting shoes" - shoes I can only wear when I'm going somewhere that I'll be sitting down versus walking.  So I basically had to determine how many pairs of "sitting shoes" I have room for.  In the end, there were 4 pairs of them that I was on the fence about getting rid of, but for now, they're safe.  (I promised myself if I don't wear them this Spring/Summer, they have to go).

What didn't make the cut:



I finally tried on the red Candie's pumps (left) and realized they're too big, so they're going back (I just ordered them online a few weeks ago).  3 other pairs of flats are headed to AmVets, as well as those pretty, silver wedges that killed my back when I wore them!  (Kitty is safe of course).  I also moved 3 pairs of boots out of my bedroom closet and into the spare room closet since I (hopefully) won't be needing them for a while.

Is anyone else doing this along with me?  If so, how's your decluttering going?

Next Up:  Day #6 - Sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment