Monday, March 31, 2014

31 Days of Decluttering - Day #11 - CD's or DVD's

For this exercise, you can focus on one (CD's OR DVD's) or you can do both.  I chose to focus on my DVD's (and VHS tapes). 

Here's the "before" photo:


Here are the action steps for this decluttering exercise according to "From Overwhelmed to Organized":
  • Return any that don't belong to you
  • Purge any that you haven't listened to or watched in over a year (or whatever time period you think is reasonable)
  • Purge any that you don't enjoy
  • Purge any that you don't anticipate watching or listening to again
  • Purge any that you forgot you even had (they obviously aren't very important to you and you won't miss them if they're gone
  • Purge any that you only watch occasionally and you know you can borrow from someone else or get from the library
  • Give away any that you know someone else will enjoy more than you
As you can see, I personally didn't have that many DVD's to begin with.  I debated on throwing away all my VHS tapes just because they're such a thing of the past.  However, there's nothing wrong with them and my VHS player still works just fine.  In the end, I only got rid of one VHS tape of an Ohio State Rose Bowl game from 1997 that I know I'll never watch again.  This was still a good exercise though because I came across 2 DVD's that I forgot I had purchased that I do want to watch.  They're perfect for cold, gloomy days like we've been having lately.

Next Up:  Day #12 - Hanging Clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment