Friday, February 21, 2014

Take Shape for Life - Day #2 - 1.6 lbs Down!

As soon as I woke up this morning, I couldn't wait to get on the scale!  I know this plan works, it's just a matter of having the dedication and willpower to follow it!  Sure enough - I dropped 1.6 lbs since yesterday morning.  Sweet!  

Seeing results of course gave me motivation to stick to the plan today, but it wasn't easy.  In fact, following this plan at times feels like an all-out war is going inside my head with regards to my willpower.  I was in an all-day meeting at my office today and of course (my favorite) Donatos pizza was ordered.  Pieces of juicy cheese pizza were literally to my left and my right.  I didn't cave though.  I sat there instead and drank my water and ate my bag of cinnamon pretzel sticks (which I actually really love).  

After that meeting, I had to run to another meeting an hour away (downside - I nearly peed my pants in the car b/c of drinking so much water).  On my way to the meeting and back from it I passed my favorite place for Japanese food - Gengi Go.  Just thinking about their fabulous steak and fried rice is making me salivate as I'm typing.  Alas, I resisted the urge to stop though.  Go me!

In the end, I got my 5 snacks in throughout the day and even got my water in.  (Maybe even an extra 16 oz b/c I lost count of how much I had drank).  I know I drank at least four 16-oz bottles though.  My chicken breasts to bake in the oven are thawing as we speak.  

I remember from doing TSFL before that the first week or two, the weight falls off, then I'll plateau for a few days.  Sticking to the plan is the key.  However, since I'm in the first week, I can't wait to hop on the scale tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment