Sunday, February 16, 2014

IPSY February 2014 Bag - My Review

This is my review of the February 2014 IPSY (formerly My Glam) Glam bag.  I've subscribed to Ipsy since October 2012 and they never disappoint!

The "Stats" -    

Frequency:  Monthly (automatic renewing)

Cost:  $10.00/month (shipping is free)

Products: From their website - "Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag, with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products."  (Based off the beauty quiz you complete).

Here's what was in my February 2014 IPSY Glam Bag:



This bag included:  (Retail Values are listed for the size actually received in the bag, not the full-sized product unless that's what they sent in the box).

The Products: 
1.  POP Beauty Lip Gloss/Plump Pout in "Peony Petal" - .14 oz - RV $7.46
2.  IPSY Make-Up Bag - estimated RV $5.00
3.  TINI BEAUTY Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow + Base in One in "Ambrosia" - .14 oz (FULL SIZE) - RV $18.00
4.  CITY COLOR Be Matte Blush in "Fresh Melon" - .314 oz (FULL SIZE) - RV $2.99
5.  IPKN Moist & Firm BB Cream in "Light" - .05 oz - RV $1.30
6.  ZOYA Nail Polish in "Dot" - .5 oz (FULL SIZE) - RV $9.00

TOTAL VALUE of the products I received:  $43.75
MY COST:  $10.00

A closer look at the products:
1.  POP Beauty Lip Gloss/Plump Pout in "Peony Petal" - (5 stars) - LOVE this gloss!  It comes with a fuzzy stick applicator/wand for easy application and goes on smooth.  Plus, they sent me a color that's perfect for me!  LOVE IT!!  
2.  IPSY Make-Up Bag - estimated RV $5.00 - (3 stars) - I'm neutral on this one.  It's a cute color, but doesn't thrill me.  I'll throw it in a beach bag this summer. 
3.  TINI BEAUTY Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow + Base in One in "Ambrosia" - (5 stars) - LOVE this shadow!  It goes on smoothly and is the perfect shade!  I love that it already has the shadow base in it too (saves me a step).  The look/texture reminds me of velvet and it has a beautiful shimmer to it.  Can't wait to wear it to work tomorrow!  
4.  CITY COLOR Be Matte Blush in "Fresh Melon" - (2 stars) - I indicated in my profile that I have hazel eyes, but they're more of a bluish-hazel.  This blush is too orange-y for me.  I'm also a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and at $2.99, this isn't really a brand I'd buy regularly.  Off to the next garage sale you go!
5.  IPKN Moist & Firm BB Cream in "Light" - (Unrated - Still have to try this one.  Will update blog when I do).
6.  ZOYA Nail Polish in "Dot" - (4 stars) - I'm a fan of Zoya polish.  It goes on smoothly and has nice staying power.  However, they sent me a shade similar to this one before, so this one will probably be going on eBay or in a garage sale.  

The final verdict:  4 stars (not including the BB cream)!!  Didn't love the blush, but everything else was nice.  I LOVE the lip gloss and the eye shadow, which made this bag worth it to me.  Can't wait to see what they send me next month!

If you decide you want to try IPSY out, please click on this link.  (I'll get Ipsy points towards a future bonus product).  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment