Wednesday, July 2, 2014

STITCH FIX REVIEW - July 2014 - #7 - Julie Understood my Style!

This is my 7th Stitch Fix and it was definitely a good one!  It was packed full of color and unique patterns, which I LOVE!!!  (Kind of like a Starburst exploding out of a box)!  At first, I had decided to keep the entire fix.  However, the great part about Stitch Fix is that you have 3 days to decide what to keep/send back.  After two days of deliberation, I finally decided on two great pieces!  Read on to see what made the cut.... 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First - a little bit about what Stitch Fix is and how it works:

Stitch Fix is a personal styling service. You tell them your style, size, and budget preferences, and they'll send you a package of stylish goodies to try on at home. Each Fix™ is unique and hand-picked just for you.

How does it work?

1. Sign Up (you can click on this link and do so) and Complete Your Style Profile - After signing up you can start immediately on your Style Profile.  They need to know your size, shape, style, budget, and lifestyle to get your Fix right. The Style Profile will take about 10 minutes to complete.

2. Schedule a Stitch Fix - Pick a shipment date, and they’ll send you a box of 5 clothing and accessory items they’ve hand-picked just for you.  You can even opt to schedule a monthly delivery if you'd like.  You pay a $20 styling fee when your stylist selects the items in your Stitch Fix. This $20 fee will be applied as a credit toward anything you keep from your shipment.

3. Try On All Of Your Items - Try on everything they send you—you never know what you’ll like until you see it on (trust me on this one). Pair each piece with items already in your closet to try different outfit options. Each item includes style cards with ideas and inspiration on how to wear it.


4. Decide - Take 3 days to decide what you’ll keep. Return the items you don't want in the pre-paid mailing bag (they include this in your box) at any USPS mailbox.

5. Check Out - Login to your account and pay for those items you kept.  If you buy all 5 items you save 25% off the entire shipment price.  Make sure to leave them feedback on your Stitch Fix shipment so they know what did and didn’t work for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enough technical stuff - Here's what was in my 7th Fix....

First off, they add a nice little envelope with a note from your stylist about why they selected the pieces they did for you, as well as styling cards that give you ideas on how to style each piece.


I had a new stylist again this month, Julie!  At first I was a little annoyed that my stylist has continued to change the past few boxes, but honestly, overall Julie did a GREAT job picking out things I liked, that fit, and that were around the price point I was wanting (the cheaper the better).  

Here's what was in my box:


41Hawthorn Apollo Sleeveless Geo Print Sheath Dress - $68
Ezra Hailey Geo Print Tie-Waist Dress - $58
41Hawthorn Alessandra Striped & Colorblocked Blouse - $54
41Hawthorn Breyson Split-Neck Tab-Sleeve Knit Top - $48
Le Sample Kahlo Embroidered Racerback Tank - $48

Pieces #1 - 41Hawthorn Apollo Sleeveless Geo Print Sheath Dress - $68


I like three things about this dress - 1.  The bottom half is a dark color (black), which is slimming, 2.  It has a unique, printed top, and 3.  the price point was GREAT!  However, this dress is hanging on the mannequin because it was just too small overall.  (Sad face)!  


Here's the dress styled with a black cardigan (to calm the print down a bit) and a Lia Sophia necklace.  This is how I would most likely wear the dress for work.

VERDICT:  SENT BACK

Piece #2 - Ezra Hailey Geo Print Tie-Waist Dress - $58


OK, first of all, please forgive the facial expressions.  I was trying to hold my stomach in so much that I ended up making goofy faces, which I didn't notice until I went to write this blog.  I should've put some Spanx on, but I just got home from work and didn't feel like wrestling with that contraption.  


Back to the dress...  On the card, it looked blue and white, but in person, it's actually a beautiful purple-y blue color with pink and white accents (see photo below).  


Adding the pink sweater really brought this dress to life and made me fall in love with it!  (White would've looked great too, but I'm a color person).  It is so comfortable on and will be great for work or for wearing casually.

VERDICT:  KEPT

Piece #3 - 41Hawthorn Alessandra Striped & Colorblocked Blouse - $54


This was a top I have pinned on my Pinterest board.  I LOVE the hot pink/navy color combo! (Necklace is from Lia Sophia).  I know it's bubbling in the front right now, but I gained weight over the last 3 or 4 months and am currently in the process of losing it again.  Once I lose about 5 lbs, I think this tank will lay right.  It's really well-made too and the fabric is dressy enough that this will be great for work with a navy or white cardigan over it.

VERDICT:  KEPT

Piece #4 - 41Hawthorn Breyson Split-Neck Tab-Sleeve Knit Top - $48


When I took this top out of the box and realized it was knit (AKA - stretchy), I literally stood there making the "aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh" sound as if it were sent from above.  OK, so maybe that was a little dramatic, but when I Googled this shirt, I couldn't tell what fabric it was and figured there was no way it would fit.  In person, the fabric is so silky soft and stretchy!  It's also bright pink, which I LOVE!!  I was initially in love with this shirt (in case you couldn't tell - ha!).  However, after thinking about it for a few days, I decided the top just wasn't flattering on me.  Plus, it had a dark spot on it that I couldn't get to come off.

VERDICT:  SENT BACK

Piece #5 - Le Sample Kahlo Embroidered Racerback Tank - $48


I had the navy/bright yellow version of this top pinned on my Pinterest board and was hoping they would send that one.  However, the kelly green/pink combo is great too!  The fabric is really stretchy, which I like.  The embroidery is also really well done and pretty!  In the end though, I just didn't like the cut (shorter in the middle/longer on the sides) and decided the horizontal stripes (especially bright green ones) weren't flattering.

VERDICT:  SENT BACK

In the end, Julie did a great job!  She sent me several items from my Pinterest page, which I love!  She also kept the pieces affordable, colorful, and sent ones made with stretchy fabric (which I had requested).  The merchandise total this time was $276.  If you keep all 5 pieces, you get 25% off your purchase for buying them all.  Since I wasn't keeping all five pieces and getting that discount, I decided to keep only the pieces I really loved.  My total for the two tops was $97.29 (after the $20 styling fee was deducted).  That may seem like a lot for two pieces, but considering one piece was a dress, I'm happy with it.  

For my next Fix, my note to my stylist was, "Would love the Cheyenne Cross-Front Short Sleeve Top. Love bright colors, stretchy fabrics (for my large chest), and the pieces HAVE to be affordable. Would also love the Nora Solid Jersey Dress, Blue/White Adrianna Maxi Dress, or any of the other items pinned on my Pinterest page. Would like a pair of bermuda shorts too (black or a bright color)."  We'll see what she sends.  :)

If you like this blog and want to sign up for your own Fix, please click on this link.  If anyone signs up by clicking this link, I will receive a $25 referral credit towards my next Fix.  :)

XOXO,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment