Sunday, July 20, 2014

Spending Freeze Series - Being on a Budget Really Stinks....Until I Consider the Alternative!

This past week has been harder than the first week as far as sticking to a budget goes!  At various times throughout the week, I became stressed, bored, and tired (all triggers for my online shopping).  I resisted though and am quite proud of myself for that!  I did get a pedicure Friday, which I ended up feeling guilty about (although my aching feet thanked me for it).  I never would've felt bad about doing it before and that's when it hit me....being on a budget stinks....until I consider the alternative.



As I've mentioned before, taking this new job also meant taking a BIG pay cut.  I became frustrated this weekend though b/c, of all things, it's the end of the Lia Sophia Spring/Summer 2014 catalog and there's some items that are being discontinued that I wanted to order.  (Yes, I realized how ridiculous that sounded as soon as I typed it.  I should be focused on my debt snowball anyway).  Instead of letting the b-word get me down, I kept reminding myself that I could be having all the fabulous clothes and Lia Sophia jewelry I wanted...if I were still at my old job.  The money there was great, but being on-call 24/7 and the stress and frustration level I felt every day just wasn't worth it.  I know the Lord lead me down this path for a reason and I'm thanking my lucky stars for my new job and the sense of peace that comes with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment