Friday, July 11, 2014

Spending Freeze Series - What I Wore this Week

Here's a look at what I wore during this first week of my "No New Clothes" Spending Freeze....

Monday:



Top:  the Limited (purchased last month)
Bottoms:  Target (Several years old.  They're maternity shorts actually, but I bought them b/c the elastic upper is slimming underneath tops - just a little trick I found).
Shoes:  White House Black Market Wedges (purchased two or three years ago).  Put them on eBay after trying to wear them.
Jewelry:  Lia Sophia (Debating putting the necklace on eBay.  This is the first time I wore it and I just don't know if I love it.  It's blue on one side and white on the other, which limits what you can wear it with b/c the chain turns throughout the day.  I wear the earrings at least monthly).



Lia Sophia "Check Please" Earrings and "Chain Reaction" Necklace

Tuesday:


Not sure why the photo is sideways, but you get the point.  
Top:  The Limited (Several years old.  I have this top in 7 different colors b/c it's so comfortable & versatile)
Capri Pants:  Style & Co from Macy's
Jewelry:  Lia Sophia "Sierra Vista" Necklace and Earrings

Wednesday:


Top:  The Limited


Bottoms:  Capri Pants from New York & Company
Jewelry:  Lia Sophia "Exotic Bloom" Necklace and "Botanica" Earrings

Thursday:  


Top:  the Limited
Cover Up/Cardigan:  the Limited (it's on the left and is black)
Bottoms:  Black Capri Pants from New York & Co - Got these from a second hand store by work last summer and I love them!  They're great for work!
Jewelry:  Lia Sophia Necklace and Earrings

Friday's outfit is now in the laundry room to be washed.  I can tell you that I wore the bright pink version of the same shirt from the Limited that I wore Tuesday, along with a beige cardigan and denim capri pants from the Limited.  We had a work retreat and were allowed to dress more casually, which was great.

Weekly Re-Cap:  I did a great job sticking to my budget/spending freeze!  It was tough, especially since I keep getting coupons in the mail since this is my birthday month.  I resisted the urge to use them though.  (Maybe if I get some birthday money, I'll do so then).  I also pushed my next Stitch Fix back as promised.  

I spent the following and did so with cash:
~ McDonald's - breakfast one day ($4.29) and lunch another day ($5.60) b/c I didn't have anything at home to pack.
~ Kroger - gas for car - $32.64
~ Longaberger Golf Course - 1 drink at our retreat - $7.97 
~ Vending machine at work - 1 pop - $ .75
~ Kroger - grocery stock up - $120.65 (Kind of lost my marbles at the grocery stocking up on my husband's favorite potato chips b/c I thought they were on sale and on shaving cream since I had coupons).  Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment