Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Spending Freeze Series - 58 Layering Tank Tops - Really?!?

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I'm currently on a 30-day spending freeze.  Part of that freeze includes taking inventory of what's in my closet right now so I know what I have to work with as far as putting outfits together.  I knew I had a box (the black and white one you see below in the photo) and a cubby of tanks, but what I didn't know was how many that entailed exactly.



When I pulled them all out and counted them, there were 58 total (and who knows how many more are in my spare closet).  58 tanks?!?  Who on earth needs that many tanks?  The crazy part is that I don't even wear most of them b/c of my stomach that I'm trying to hide at all costs right now.  Out of the 58, here's what I actually wear (plus one green one that's not on the hanger):


I recently bought the light tan one in front from the Limited and I wear it all the time.  That one along with one white, one cream, and one black tank are all I really need - 4 layering tanks total.  (Honestly though, I could just use the tan one for everything).  Talk about a waste of money (and valuable closet space)!!  Guess what I'm not going to be buying any more of any time soon!  I didn't realize I had that many.  

In the end, I took these 11 tanks out:



The 6 on the far left have been deemed "casual evening/weekend tanks" either because they may have a make-up mark on them or because they have shelf bras (AKA - make my chest look way too big to wear to work).  They'll be nice to put on at night when I come home and do the instant bra-toss (ladies, you know what I'm talking about).  

The 2 in the middle and 3 on the far right are going to be sold in two lots on eBay according to their size.  I'm going to take that money to put towards my current Snowball item (on the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover) I'm trying to pay off.  This way my clothing will be working for me towards my goal versus sitting in my closet collecting dust.  And it gets me down to 47 tanks in my closet (which is still too many, but is at least a start).

XOXO,
Stephanie

Update:  I've since found 4 more tanks that I wear by themselves.  So, the grand total was 62 (and is now 51).  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment