Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Spending Freeze Series - If You Don't LOVE It, Send It Back!

How many of you are fans of online shopping?  That's how I normally shop.  I HATE going to the mall, fighting lines, and walking a mile to get from one anchor store to the other.  The only downside is that you can't try on your purchase prior to buying it and sometimes the size is bigger/smaller than imagined.  Luckily for me, I shop at the Limited enough that I know how their clothes fit.  Today though, I decided to send some things back that arrived last week.....

Here's what didn't make the cut (and into my closet):


In person, these stones were much bigger than I had pictured.  The colors also didn't vary as much as they do in the photo, and overall, the necklace just looked cheap in person.  Back you go and $16.64 comes back into my wallet.


This eyelet top also didn't make it.  In the photo, you can't see the model's bra thru the holes, but in person, you definitely can (and I didn't feel like layering another shirt underneath).  Back you go!  $19.02 coming my way.


In person, this necklace is HUGE.  Plus, I already have 2 nautical-looking necklaces that I found in my jewelry hanger.  Decided I didn't need a 3rd one.  Welcome back $16.64.

There was also one more necklace from Express that I sent back as well because on, I just didn't like how it looked.  Thank you $29.90.  

So, just by saving my purchase receipts and taking the time to send these 4 items back, I saved approx. $80.11 (minus the return shipping fees).  That was worth it!  And now I know, once this spending freeze is over, don't buy anymore nautical necklaces, eyelet tops, plastic necklaces, choker necklaces, or anything else that I don't love when I come across it.  Lesson learned!

XOXO,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment