Friday, October 12, 2012

Review of the October 2012 BIRCHBOX


This is my review of the October 2012 Birchbox.  This is my first Birchbox I've gotten (after being on a wait list for about a month).  This month, Birchbox partnered with GOOP, so I was excited to see what they came up with.

The "Stats" -  There were apparently 39 different versions of the Birchbox this month.  I received Box #6.  

Frequency:  Monthly (automatic renewing)

Cost:  $10.00/month (shipping is free)

Products: From their website - "Monthly deliveries of high-end beauty and lifestyle samples from top brands. It's the best way to discover new products and buy with confidence".  This month, my box had 4 regular products and 1 bonus product in it.

Here's what my October 2012 Birchbox looked like:



First impression:  "Yay!  You're finally here!"


Here's a look at all the products that were in the box:



This box included:  (Retail Values are listed for the size actually received in the box, not the full-sized product unless that's what they sent in the box).

The Products: 
1.  Beautyblender - 1 pink sponge - RV $12.98
2.  Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss - approx .1 fl oz - RV $3.30
3.  DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer - .23 fl oz - RV $11.50
4.  Marie Veronique Organics Anti-Aging Oil - approx. .1 oz - RV $8.00
5.  LUNA Lemon Zest - 1 bar - RV $1.25

TOTAL VALUE of the products I received:  $37.03 (estimated)
MY COST:  $10.00

A closer look at the Products:
1.  Beautyblender - (5 stars) - I LOVE this little pink sponge!  It's soft and when dampened just a bit, makes my liquid foundation go on smoothly.  Though it's a bit pricey, it's still something I'd buy in the future!  
2.  Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss - (5 stars) - This is a great gloss!  It's so silky and creamy.  It says it delivers a subtle plumping effect.  I didn't really notice that part, but still, the gloss is great.  The color I received is called "Charm".  It's a lovely salmon pink color that shimmers.  Looks great to wear casually or with a smokey eye.
3.  DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer - (3 stars) - I've used this once so far.  I'll be honest, I didn't notice a huge difference after one try.  I will use it for the next week or so though daily to see if it does after a few uses.  I will update this blog once I do.
4.  Marie Veronique Organics Anti-Aging Oil - (Not Sampled) - I have combination skin, so I'm not sure that I want to apply oil to my face even if it's for anti-aging.  I'll ponder and update this blog accordingly.
5.  LUNA Lemon Zest - 1 bar - (2 stars) - I appreciate that it's healthy, but there just wasn't a lot of flavor there.  I am a fan of lemon bars and all things lemon-flavored, so I would've liked some more flavor to this bar.  Not something I'll buy in the future.

The final verdict:  4 stars!!  Overall, this was a nice sample box.  I received 5 products valued at approx. $37.03 for the great price of only $10.  I LOVED the sponge and the lip gloss.  The sponge alone paid for the box.  When I found out there were so many different versions of the box, I signed up for a 2nd subscription as well.  I will post again when the 2nd box comes (and hopefully it's a different version).

1 comment:

  1. Even though the pore enlarges to provide extra room for the oil to fllow out, the oil still can become trapped (especially around the nose) by dead skin cells. Once this occurs and the material (oil and skin cells) at the end of the clogged pore is exposed to the air, it oxidizes, forming a blackhead. Daisy

    ReplyDelete