Sunday, October 14, 2012

My Review of the October 2012 IPSY (formerly MY GLAM) Glam Bag


This is my review of the October 2012 IPSY (formerly My Glam) Glam bag.  This is my first Ipsy/My Glam bag, so I was excited to see what it contained.

The "Stats" -    

Frequency:  Monthly (automatic renewing)

Cost:  $10.00/month (shipping is free)

Products: From their website - "Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag, with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products."  (Based off the beauty quiz you complete).

Here's what my October 2012 IPSY Glam Bag looked like:

The Outside - My new favorite packaging :)  



First impression:  "Wow!  Much better than I anticipated!!"


Here's a look at all the products that were in the box:


This box included:  (Retail Values are listed for the size actually received in the box, not the full-sized product unless that's what they sent in the box).

The Products: 
1.  The Balm Cosmetics - "What's Your Type?" - "The Body Builder" Mascara - .11 fl oz - RV $ 5.23
2.  IPSY Make-Up Bag - estimated RV $5.00
3.  Pequi Oil Treatment - .5 fl oz - RV $12.00
4.  Mirenesse Lip Bomb Glossy Lacquer Stain in "Mirror Me" - .11 oz (FULL SIZE) - RV $39.00
5.  Be A.... Bombshell Eye Liner in "Onyx" - .1 fl oz (FULL SIZE) - $14.00
6.  Coastal Scents Eye Shadow Set - .07 oz - RV $2.31 (estimated)

TOTAL VALUE of the products I received:  $77.54 (estimated)
MY COST:  $10.00

A closer look at the products:




1.  The Balm Cosmetics - "What's Your Type?" - "The Body Builder" Mascara - (5 stars) - I don't know about you, but personally, I am always needing more mascara due to it's short shelf-life!  The brush is great - lots of medium-length bristles, which catch your lashes wonderfully!  Would definitely recommend this mascara!
2.  Make-Up Bag - (5 stars) - I LOVE this little bag!  It measures approx. 7 1/2" x 4 3/4" and is perfect to throw in my purse or gym bag!  This month's theme is "Hello, Bombshell!" and this fits right in with that!  Definitely a keeper! 



3.  Pequi Oil Treatment - (Not Yet Tested) - I will update this blog once I do (test it).  I'm very excited to do so though!  This is perfect for the colder weather we're experiencing here in the Midwest!  
4.  Coastal Scents Eye Shadow Set - (5 stars) - These colors are PERFECT for my hazel eyes!  Will try these out tomorrow and update my blog once I do.  



5.  Mirenesse Lip Bomb Glossy Lacquer Stain in "Mirror Me" - (4.5 stars) - This is a great, full-sized gloss.  It goes on creamy and feels nice on.  This color is a bit light for my fair complexion, so I will probably put it on Listia.  However, there are a lot of other colors on their website (specifically the red one) that I would like to try.  And, the packaging is just cool!  
6.  Be A.... Bombshell Eye Liner in "Onyx" - (5 stars) - This goes on like a pen/marker.  It is perfect for drawing your liner out into the "cat eye" look.  Very happy with this product!

The final verdict:  5 stars!!  This is my favorite of all the subscription boxes I've received so far!  I loved everything in it (including the lip stain that isn't quite the right color for me)!  The value is fantastic!!  I received 6 products (including 2 FULL SIZED products) valued at approx. $77.54 for the great price of only $10.  (It was an even better value than this month's Birchbox).  I can't wait to receive my next Glam Bag!!  

1 comment:

  1. wow i love the eyeshadows color that you got! i received set #2 and the lip bomb in #4 :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete