Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Review of the October 2012 NEW BEAUTY TEST TUBE


This is my review of the "New Beauty Test Tube" October 2012 Box.

The "Stats" - 

Frequency:  Quarterly Box 

Cost:  $29.95 + $8.95 shipping per quarter ($38.90 total).  

Products:  Deluxe and full-sized samples of beauty products from the hottest brands.  You also get the New Beauty Magazine in the box, which covers "all the latest breakthroughs in beauty, product innovations, celebrity beauty secrets, and more".

Here's what my October 2012 Beauty Test Tube looked like:



First impression - "Moroccan Oil!  Sweet!!"  

This box included:  (Retail Values are listed for the size actually received in the box, not the full-sized product unless that's what they sent in the box)

The "Regular" Products:

1.  It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye - .11 fl oz - RV $9.43
2.  Cell Ceuticals Cell Genesis Eye Serum - .5 fl oz (FULL SIZE) - RV $65
3.  Dr. Brandt Dark Circles Away - .085 oz - RV $9.35
4.  Yonka Anti-Age Masque N'1 - 1.8 oz (FULL SIZE) - RV $61.41
5.  Philosophy Hope in a Jar - .4 oz - RV $7.80 
6.  Olay Professional Pro-X Deep Wrinkle Treatment - 1 fl oz (FULL SIZE) - RV $43.99
7.  Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask - 2.53 fl oz - RV $9.76
8.  Kneipp Pure Bliss Mineral Bath Salt - 2.1 oz - RV $12.35
9.  New Beauty Magazine - Fall/Winter 2012 edition - RV $9.95
10.  SpaLook Special Offers - $10 off $60, $25 off $125, and $50 off $200 purchase (I'm not assessing these a retail value unless I actually end up using them to buy anything off the website)

TOTAL VALUE of the products I received:  $229.04
MY COST:  $38.90

A fabulous feature of the test tube - it includes an informational booklet that tells you all about each of the "regular" products in the tube.  The information includes a description of the product, the company that makes it, how to use the product, how much the full-sized version costs, and benefits of using each product.  I love the booklet!  It's very helpful!!

A closer look at the "Regular" Products:



1.  It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye - (DNT - Did Not Test) - The color they sent was "Neutral Medium".  My complexion is fair.  This is going straight to Listia.  
2.  CellCeuticals Cell Genesis Eye Serum - (3 stars) - I sampled a tiny bit of this and to be honest, it did reduce the bags under my eyes, but enough that I'd pay $65 for it.  The texture is definitely very cellular (it reminds me of small curds).  
3.  Dr. Brandt Dark Circles Away Collagen Eye Serum - (DNT) - I am blessed enough to not have dark circles under my eyes, so this isn't a product I'd use.  Off to Listia this goes too!



4.  Yonka Anti-Age Masque N'1 - (DNT) - I appreciate the full-sized product, but the labeling and the directions to this are confusing.  In the end, I deciphered this is a moisturizing mask for your face.  I may use this in the future, but so far have not.  If I do end up testing it, I will update this blog accordingly.
5.  Philosophy Hope in a Jar - (3 stars) - It says it is for all skin types, which was kind of concerning to me.  However, I tried this moisturizer out anyway.  For me, it was a bit watery.  Not something I'll buy in the future, but it was nice to test out.
6.  Olay Professional Pro-X Deep Wrinkle Treatment - (DNT) - Again, I love the full-sized product.  This is something I'll probably test out in the future.  I will update this blog once I do.
7.  Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask - (DNT) - Again, I'm VERY excited to test out this product!  I've been wanting to try Moroccan Oil for a while now, but haven't had the chance to do so yet.  Will update this blog once I test it out.
8.  Kneipp Pure Bliss Mineral Bath Salt - (DNT) - I have very sensitive skin, so I can't use salt-based products.  This one is going straight to Listia as well.
9.  SpaLook Special Offers - (3 stars) - I'm neutral on these.  Since you can only use them if you spend at least $60, I doubt I'll use them.  They have to be used by 1/31/13. 
10.  New Beauty Magazine - Fall/Winter edition - (3 stars) - Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE magazines!  So, I was excited to read a new one.  Again, there are some nice articles, but also A LOT of advertising. 

The final verdict:  2 stars!!  I LOVED the fact there were 3 full-sized products in here!  However, the only product I'm really excited about is the Moroccan Oil.  So, basically, I paid $38.90 for $9.76 worth of product.  Last time, I loved this box and wasn't a fan of the QVC NBTT.  However, this month it's the complete opposite.  Stay tuned for my review of the QVC NBTT.  I'm giving this box one more time of testing, and then will likely cancel one or both of these due to their higher cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment