Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Review of the BEAUTY ARMY October 2012 Box


This is my review of the Beauty Army October 2012 Box.

The "Stats" - 

Frequency:  Monthly (though you have the option to skip months if you don't like the available sample options).  

Cost:  $12.00/month (shipping is free)

Products:  Choose up to 6 of the 9 available samples offered based upon your completed profile.  All products are sample sized.

Here's what my October 2012 Beauty Army box looked like:




It comes in a white box decorated inside with cute army print.  Here's a look at all the products that were in the box:


First impression - "That lip gloss looks pretty pink!"  

This box included:  (Retail Values are listed for the size actually received in the box, not the full-sized product unless that's what they sent in the box)

The Products:
1.  Bath & Body Works "Sweet Pea" Shower Gel - 3 fl oz - RV $5.00
2.  Skinn Twin Set Collagen Boost Lipstick and Wet Lips Gloss in "Pink Tulip" - (FULL SIZE) - RV $18.50
3.  Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels - 1 pair - RV $3.75
4.  Emani Minerals Foundation Primer & Serum - .17 oz - RV $5.67
5.  Fiafini Delicate Cleansing Emulsion - .17 oz - RV $1.19
6.  Youdabalm Grapefruit Natural Lip Balm - .15 oz - RV $2.99 

TOTAL VALUE of the products I received:  $37.10
MY COST:  $12.00

A closer look at the Products:



1.  Bath & Body Works "Sweet Pea" Shower Gel - (5 stars) - I wasn't sure I'd like this fragrance b/c I'm not a big fan of flowery smells.  However, it smells really nice.  I will definitely use this product!  

2.  Skinn Twin Set Collagen Boost Lipstick and Wet Lips Gloss in "Pink Tulip" - (DNT - Did Not Test) - I love that this is a full-sized product and that it has lipstick AND gloss.  There's even a mirror on the side for easy application.  However, I'm debating if this color is quite right for me right now.  It's very pink (and very springy feeling).  I'm going to ponder keeping this one (versus putting it on Listia) and update this blog once I decide.
3.  Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels - (DNT) - I LOVE Skyn Iceland products!!  I will definitely test this product out and update this blog once I do.
4.  Youdabalm Grapefruit Natural Lip Balm - (DNT) - I have received NUMEROUS lip balms in the beauty boxes I've received lately.  I decided not to test this one simply because I don't need anymore of them right now.  This is going straight to Listia for auction.



5.  Emani Minerals Foundation Primer & Serum - (DNT) - Honestly, I didn't want this primer, but I had to pick a 6th choice, so I selected this one.  This is going straight to Listia too!
6.  Fiafini Delicate Cleansing Emulsion - (DNT) - I didn't really want this sample either.  Just like last month's Fiafini product, this too has Marula oil in it.  However, I needed a match for last month's Fiafini product that was listed, so I ordered this   one.  The set is going straight to Listia.


The final verdict:  2.5 stars!!  I definitely wanted to try this box again this month.  However, when I looked at my selection options, there were only 3 things I really wanted (the Sweet Pea, the lipstick/gloss combo, and the Skyn Iceland product).  I think I'm going to re-do my profile so my selection options change a bit.  The value was a bit better this month and it contained the full-size lipstick/gloss.  I still like the fact you can skip a month if you don't like the offered samples is nice.  I may end up skipping next month if there aren't 6 samples that I really want instead of getting 3 I want and 3 I don't want (and end up putting on Listia).

No comments:

Post a Comment