Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Review of the October 2012 QVC NEW BEAUTY TEST TUBE

This is my review of the QVC New Beauty Test Tube October 2012 Box.  This test tube is different than the regular New Beauty Test Tube (which I also signed up for and reviewed previously), though some of the products will occasionally be duplicates.

The "Stats" - 

Frequency:  Quarterly Box

Cost:  $29.96 + $6.72 shipping per quarter + $2.48 tax = ($39.16 total).  

Products:  Deluxe and full-sized samples of beauty products from the hottest brands.  You also get the New Beauty Magazine in the box, which covers "all the latest breakthroughs in beauty, product innovations, celebrity beauty secrets, and more".

Here's what my October 2012 QVC New Beauty Test Tube looked like:



 Here's a look at all the products that were in the box total:


First impression - "Wow!  This one is better than the regular version!"

This box included:  (Retail Values are listed for the size actually received in the box, not the full-sized product unless that's what they sent in the box)


  • Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss - .15 fl oz (FULL SIZE) - RV $18.00
  • Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse - 1.9 oz - RV $9.88
  • Wen Cleansing Conditioner - 6 oz - RV $12.00
  • Philosophy Full of Promise Dual-Action Restoring Cream for Volume and Lift - .4 fl oz - RV $13.00
  • Perfect Formula Strong Nail System Daily Moisture - .5 fl oz - RV $14.50
  • Perricone MD High Potency Eye Lift - .17 fl oz - RV $33.32
  • Smileactives Tooth Whitening Pen - .11 fl oz (FULL SIZE) - RV $12.50
  • Mally Evercolor Waterproof Eyeliner in "Onyx" - .01 oz (FULL SIZE) - RV $18.00
  • NewBeauty magazine - Summer/Fall edition - RV $9.95


  • TOTAL VALUE of the products I received: $141.15  (Last Quarter's was $109.98;  This Quarter's regular NBTT Value was $229.04)
    MY COST:  $39.16 (the regular NBTT cost was $38.90)

    This test tube also came with an informational booklet that tells you all about each of the "regular" products in the tube.  The information includes a description of the product, the company that makes it, how to use the product, and benefits of using each product.  However, it does not list the price of the full-sized products.  I still love the booklet!  It's very helpful!!

    Here's a closer look at the products:




  • Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss - (5 stars) - This gloss goes on very smoothly and is very creamy.  It also has a lip plumping agent in it, which I like.  Will definitely use this product!
  • Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse - (DNT) - Did not test yet.  Will update this blog once I do.



  • Wen Cleansing Conditioner - (4 stars) - I was skeptical about this product.  The consistency when it came out of the pump was very much that of a conditioner.  However, it left my hair feeling clean and shiny.  Not sure if I like the fig smell, but otherwise, I will definitely use this.  (Not enough though to buy it).
  • Philosophy Full of Promise Dual-Action Restoring Cream for Volume and Lift - (DNT) - Will update this blog once I do.
  • Mally Evercolor Waterproof Eyeliner in "Onyx" - (DNT - yet) - I will definitely update this blog once I test this out!




  • Perfect Formula Strong Nail System Daily Moisture - (DNT - yet) - Will update this blog once I do!
  • Perricone MD High Potency Eye Lift - (DNT - yet) - Will update this blog once I do!
  • Smileactives Tooth Whitening Pen - (DNT - yet) - Will update this blog once I do!
  • NewBeauty magazine - Fall/Winter edition -(1 star) - I already received this magazine with my regular NBTT subscription.  Don't need a 2nd one.  This is going to Listia.


  • The final verdict:  4 stars!!  I liked the fact there were 3 full-sized products in here.  This quarter, I liked this NBTT better than the regular one.  I will definitely use the lipgloss, mousse, cleansing conditioner, nail moisturizer, tooth whitening pen, and eyeliner.  I'm not a big fan of the Philosophy lotion and already have the magazine from my other NBTT, so those 2 will definitely go straight to Listia.  Not sure if I'll test out the Perricone eye lift, but will update this blog if I do.  I've decided I'm going to give both NBTT boxes 1 more try and then will cancel one of them.  I know it's only a quarterly box, but when both boxes ship the same month, I'm spending $79 on these two boxes alone.



    PJITC and kitty approved (kitty gets excited when beauty boxes come too)!

    1 comment:

    1. Hi, this blog is really amazing and provide me answers to all my questions. i got full knowledge Teeth Whitening services Floridais really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same.

      ReplyDelete