Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Review of the October 2012 GLOSSYBOX


This is my review of the October 2012 Glossybox Box.  It's theme was "Spa Luxe".

The "Stats" - 

Frequency:  Subscriptions are available at the following terms - Monthly, 3 Months, 6 Months, 12 Months (discounts are offered for signing up for the longer terms).  I personally am signed up for the Monthly Subscription.

Cost:  $21.00/month (shipping is free) for the Monthly subscription

Products:  5 travel-sized beauty products delivered monthly

Here's what my October 2012 Glossybox looked like:



Here's a look at all the products that were in the box:


First impression - "The samples aren't as big as last month's!"  Followed by "Hmmm, that bottle says "cookie".  Wonder what's inside...".  

This box included:  (Retail Values are listed for the size actually received in the box, not the full-sized product unless that's what they sent in the box).

The Products:
1.  Modelco Lip Duo Lipstick & Ultra-Shine Lip gloss in "Dusk" and "Striptease" - (FULL SIZED) - RV $39.00
2.  Alessandro Pedix Heel Rescue Balm - 1.01 fl oz - RV $5.40
3.  Carol's Daughter Shea Souffle - 4 oz - RV $10.00
4.  Alterna Bamboo Luminous Shine Mist - .85 fl oz - RV $4.68
5.  Heartland Fragrances Exfoliating Loofa Soap - 6 oz (est.) - RV $8.00

TOTAL VALUE of the products I received:  $67.08
MY COST:  $21.00

A closer look at the Products:

1.  Modelco Lip Duo Lipstick & Ultra-Shine Lip gloss in "Dusk" and "Striptease" - (FULL SIZED) - (4.5 stars) - As always, I LOVE receiving a full-size product.  However, it seems like all the beauty boxes are sending a very neutral, light pink gloss of some sort in their boxes.  I've decided to keep this one though b/c 1.  I like the mirror on the side, and 2.  I like the "Dusk" lipstick color on the end.  This lipstick went on very creamy and has a nice, shimmery brownish/rose hue to it.  With the gloss applied on top, the color is perfect for fall.  This lipstick and a Dior red that I have will likely be my go-to colors for fall/winter this year.



2.  Alessandro Pedix Heel Rescue Balm - (DNT - Did Not Test) - I'm debating on whether to keep/test this product or not.  I've said it dozens of times on this blog - I'm just not a huge lotion fan.  The only time I put it on my feet is before bed with socks over the top.  However, I'm trying to get my feet used to wearing shoes (versus flip-flops and sandals) right now, so I need them to toughen up a bit.  Will update this blog if I decide to sample this product.
3.  Carol's Daughter Shea Souffle - (DNT) - Again, not a huge lotion fan.  However, it does say it's for dry to extra dry skin and with winter approaching here in the Midwest, I may need this during the cold weather that has arrived.  Will update this blog accordingly if I decide to test it out.
4.  Alterna Bamboo Luminous Shine Mist - (DNT) - I just received this same product as a 500-point reward kit from Sephora last month.  I like that it's free of Parabens, Phthalates, Gluten, Synthetic Color, Mineral Oil, and Petrolatum.  However, since I still haven't touched the first one I received, I doubt I'll use this bottle.  This is going straight to Listia.
5.  Heartland Fragrances Exfoliating Loofa Soap - (DNT - yet) - I am intrigued by this product.  I'm typically not a fan of glycerin soap (it leaves my skin very dry and odd-feeling), but in this case, I like that it has the exfoliating loofa within.  I think this would be good to use on my legs before I shave.  I'll update this blog once I test it out.


The final verdict: 3.5 stars!!  OK, so this month's box wasn't as big of a hit as last month's.  The only thing I really love so far is the lipstick (and even that, I wish came in red).  However, I will use it.  The value of the lipstick/gloss alone ($39) pays for the box.  There were 2 full-sized products this month, which was nice, but the overall value was $14 less than last month.  I'm still a fan though.  Will definitely keep getting this box thru the end of the year at least.



PJITC and Kitty approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment