Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Review of the October 2012 Vegan CONSCIOUS BOX

This is my review of the October 2012 Vegan Conscious Box.  

The "Stats" - $12.95/mo plus $7.95/mo Shipping & Handling for the Monthly Plan (they also have 3 month and 6 month subscriptions for which you receive a $3 and $8 discount respectively)

You get (per their website):
  • a variety of pure and natural products each month
  • organic food to vegan beauty products
  • daily living tips, monthly themes, and creative ways to use your box
  • a choice of 2 types of subscriptions - vegan or eco-friendly (I selected the Vegan one just to test items out since I'm not vegan, but am interested in living a healthier lifestyle)
Here's what my October VEGAN Conscious Box looked like:


Here's a look at everything spread out (yes, there's a cat stalking the box from above):


Here's what the Vegan box included:

1.  V-Dog Vegan Dog Food - RV $ .50 (estimated)
2.  Tea Forte - 3 pack of teas - Cucumber Mint, Honey Yuzu, & Cherry Marzipan flavors - RV $3.00 (estimated)
3.  Green Tara Kale Chips - RV $6.99
4.  Pure Matters Protein - Single Serve Packet - RV $1.33
5.  Dark Angell Organic Candy Bar - Dark Chocolate Flavor - FULL SIZE - RV $2.25
6.  Barre Black Swan Chocolate Berry Bar - FULL SIZE - RV $2.50
7.  Sun Tegrity Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen & Primer - RV $1.85
8.  Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe Itch Relief Shampoo - 1 oz - $1.29
9.  Eco-Dent Baking Soda Toothpowder & Dental Gum - 2 pieces - RV $.53
10.  Bambooee Reusable Bamboo Towel - 1 sheet - RV $1.16
11.  Earthbath Grooming Wipes - 1 towel - RV $ .25
12.  Bodycare Cafe Maple Brown Sugar Scrub - unknown

My Cost:  $13.28

RETAIL VALUE:  $21.65 + the Brown Sugar Scrub

~The box also included various post cards and coupons for items included in the box.

A closer look at food/ingestable items:



A closer look at the health/beauty items:



Here's a look at the household items:


~The box also included various post cards and coupons for items included in the box, which is nice.

The "Final Verdict" - 4 stars!!  The value is OK, but I really like trying out healthier products.  I received approximately 12 products worth $21.65 for $13.28.  I've found a few things I love so far - the Brown Sugar Scrub, the Chocolate Bars, and the Reusable Bamboo Towel.  My cat LOVED the dog food (he thinks he's a dog - see photo below).  There are still some things I need to try out (the kale chips, the protein, and the shampoo).  The only things I don't like are the teas (simply because I don't drink them), the Eco-Dent products (the gum is disgusting and looses flavor after about a minute and the powder just sounds gross), and the moisturizing sunscreen.  I have one more Conscious Box left before my 3-month subscription expires.  I will probably sign up again, but plan on doing the Eco-Friendly Box rather than the Vegan Box.  



PJITC and Kitty approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment