Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Review of my 2nd October 2012 BIRCHBOX


As I mentioned in my October 12, 2012 blog post, I liked my first Birchbox so much (and I found out there were 41 different variations of the box this month), that I signed up for a 2nd one as well.  This is my review of my 2nd October 2012 Birchbox.  As noted in the last blog, this month Birchbox partnered with GOOP, so I was excited to see what they came up with.

The "Stats" -  There were apparently 41 different versions of the Birchbox this month.  I filled out a 2nd profile and answered some questions differently.  This time, I received Box #19.  

Frequency:  Monthly (automatic renewing)

Cost:  $10.00/month (shipping is free)

Products: From their website - "Monthly deliveries of high-end beauty and lifestyle samples from top brands. It's the best way to discover new products and buy with confidence".  This month, my box had 4 regular products and 1 bonus product in it.

Here's what my 2nd October 2012 Birchbox looked like:  




First impression:  "Yay!  There's another beautyblender in here!"

This box included:  (Retail Values are listed for the size actually received in the box, not the full-sized product unless that's what they sent in the box).

The Products: 
1.  Beautyblender - 1 pink sponge - RV $12.98
2.  Twistband Hair Tie - 1 tie - RV $1.67
3.  Karuna Hydrating Treatment Mask - 1 mask - RV $7.00
4.  SPROUT Lip Balm Flights in Cocoa - .15 oz (FULL SIZE) - RV $4.50
5.  LUNA Lemon Zest - 1 bar - RV $1.25

TOTAL VALUE of the products I received:  $27.40
MY COST:  $10.00

A closer look at the Products:
1.  Beautyblender - (5 stars) - As I noted in my last blog, I LOVE this little pink sponge!  It's soft and when dampened just a bit, makes my liquid foundation go on smoothly.  I was going to buy the 2-pack thru Birchbox, but then the 2nd one came.  SO HAPPY about that!
2.  Twistband Hair Tie - (5 stars) - I LOVE these things!  They hold my hair in place well and don't leave the dents and lines like regular hair bands do.  At some point each day, I have one of these in my hair.
3.  Karuna Hydrating Treatment Mask - (DNT - yet) - I will test this out and update the blog once I do.  I'm waiting for it to be a bit colder outside so my face dries out a bit before applying a moisture mask (I have combination skin).
4.  SPROUT Lip Balm Flights in Cocoa - (DNT) - Not sure if I'll try this out or not.  I love wearing lip balms, but as I noted in a previous blog, I've received so many of them lately in my monthly subscription boxes that I'm not sure if I need another one.  If I do decide to test it out, I'll update this blog accordingly.  
5.  LUNA Lemon Zest - (2 stars) - This was in my other box too and again, I appreciate that it's healthy, but there just wasn't a lot of flavor there.  Not something I'll buy in the future.

The final verdict:  4 stars!!  Overall, this was a nice sample box.  I received 5 products valued at approx. $27.40 for the great price of only $10.  I LOVED the sponge and the hair tie.  The sponge alone paid for the box.  The value of this box was nearly $10 less than my first box, but I'm so happy I received the 2nd sponge, that I don't care.  I look forward to getting my 2 Birchboxes next month as well :).

No comments:

Post a Comment