Friday, April 4, 2014

April 2014 STITCH FIX Review - My 4th One!

The past week or so has been pretty rough, so I needed a little pick-me-up!  This Fix (my 4th one) provided just that for me!  


Stitch Fix is like a big hug in a box!  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First - a little bit about what Stitch Fix is and how it works:

Stitch Fix is a personal styling service. You tell them your style, size, and budget preferences, and they'll send you a package of stylish goodies to try on at home. Each Fix™ is unique and hand-picked just for you.

How does it work?

1. Sign Up (you can click on this link and do so) and Complete Your Style Profile - After signing up you can start immediately on your Style Profile.  They need to know your size, shape, style, budget, and lifestyle to get your Fix right. The Style Profile will take about 10 minutes to complete.

2. Schedule a Stitch Fix - Pick a shipment date, and they’ll send you a box of 5 clothing and accessory items they’ve hand-picked just for you.  You can even opt to schedule a monthly delivery if you'd like.  You pay a $20 styling fee when your stylist selects the items in your Stitch Fix. This $20 fee will be applied as a credit toward anything you keep from your shipment.

3. Try On All Of Your Items - Try on everything they send you—you never know what you’ll like until you see it on (trust me on this one). Pair each piece with items already in your closet to try different outfit options. Each item includes style cards with ideas and inspiration on how to wear it.

4. Decide - Take 3 days to decide what you’ll keep. Return the items you don't want in the pre-paid mailing bag (they include this in your box) at any USPS mailbox.

5. Check Out - Login to your account and pay for those items you kept.  If you buy all 5 items you save 25% off the entire shipment price.  Make sure to leave them feedback on your Stitch Fix shipment so they know what did and didn’t work for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enough technical stuff - Here's what was in my 4th Fix....

First off, they add a nice little envelope with a note from your stylist about why they selected the pieces they did for you, as well as styling cards that give you ideas on how to style each piece.



I've been fortunate enough to have the same stylist for the past 3 months.  Once again, I really felt like Erica (my stylist) took the time to choose items she thought I'd like by looking at my Pinterest boards and notes I wrote on my profile (which I update after each fix) I filled out.  Plus, in my feedback from Box #3, I specifically requested some pieces that I was looking to buy in Box #4:  a coral/peach top like one I had pinned from Forever21 and a pair of Kut from the Kloth Denna colored denim jeans or capri pants to wear for Spring.  She sent me just that, as well as other items from my "Wish List".  (She's a new bestie and she doesn't even know it)!

Normally, I decide pretty quickly what to keep and what to send back.  This time, I solicited feedback from the readers of this blog and waited the entire 3 days to decide.  It was a tough decision!

Here's what was in my box:


Esten Button-Up Sleeveless Blouse - $54
Florence Colorblocked Dress - $68
Benson 3/4 Ruched Sleeve Blazer - $78
Collie Graphic Panel Detail Blouse - $48
Denna Colored Skinny Jean - $78

Piece #1 - Let's start with the Esten Button-Up Sleeveless Blouse - $54



The color and cut of this shirt are dead-on as far as my style goes and what I requested (this is almost exactly the color of the Forever21 top I had pinned).  It's even sleeveless too, which is perfect for Spring.  The only problem was the size.  The top buttons were pulling so far apart from each other I can't even post a photo for the sake of descency.  Bummer!  If this top were one size larger, it would be hanging in my closet right now for sure!  

VERDICT:  SENT BACK

Piece #2 - Florence Colorblocked Dress - $68


This is the first dress my stylist has sent me.  When I Googled my shipment and saw this dress was included, I secretly hoped she sent me the navy version with green accents.  However, in person, the green was really pretty too!  The length is good for work or for wearing casually.  It's just fun and Spring-y!  


VERDICT:  KEPT

Piece #3 - Benson 3/4 Ruched Sleeve Blazer - $78



I had specifically requested this royal blue blazer after my first fix that I saw several other Fixers receive and Erica didn't forget.  The color is so vivid in person!  I absolutely love it!!  And I really like the striped cuff detailing a lot more that I thought I would.  The fabric is heavy, yet stretchy and looks great with the Denna Jeans that also came in this fix!  It would also be great with white pants/capris or regular jeans as well.  However I pair it, it would be perfect for chilly days in the AC at work!  The only reason this piece went back is due to the fit.  Between my broad shoulders and ample cleavage, this blazer just wouldn't button.

VERDICT:  SENT BACK

Piece #4 - Collie Graphic Panel Detail Blouse - $48


This was actually a top I had pinned onto my Pinterest board after seeing it in another Fix.  I love the bright color (it's technically orange) and how it can be dressed up for work or worn casually with jeans.  (It looks really cute with the cobalt blue jeans in this Fix).  The length is perfect for me too!  Unfortunately, it was just too snug right now.  I debated on keeping it for when I lost some weight, but I'm trying to stick to my budget, and that just doesn't allow for me to purchase anything that doesn't fit just right at this time.

VERDICT:  SENT BACK

Piece #5 - Kut from the Kloth Denna Colored Skinny Jean - $78


I requested another pair of Kut from the Kloth skinny jeans after receiving a dark navy pair in my 2nd Fix.  I literally wear the pair I got before at least 3 days a week.  That's how perfect they fit and how much I love them!  


This pair is also fabulous!!  I had pinned cobalt blue jeans on my Pinterest board (and even have a cobalt blue mani/pedi right now), so I was so happy when I saw these in my box!  The length is a tad long on me, but can easily be hemmed after I shrink, errr, wash them.  The best part - they match the blazer PERFECTLY!!!  Like - to the point I can wear them with the blazer as a suit perfect.  

VERDICT:  SENT BACK (See Below)

In the end, Erica absolutely nailed my style on this one!  She sent me the blue blazer, coral top, and colored denim jeans I had requested.  She also sent me the orange/navy top I had Pinned too.  I had requested less expensive pieces this time (the merchandise total for my last box was $316).  Specifically, I said no more $98 pants for blouses over $40.  This one had nothing under $48 in it and came in at $326 (even higher than the last one), so I was kind of bummed about that.  However, if you purchase all 5 of your pieces, Stitch Fix gives you 25% off your purchase.  In this case, the total discount for buying all 5 pieces would be $76.50.  Stitch Fix also deducts the pre-paid $20 styling fee from the purchase price of whatever you buy from your Fix for that month.  So, the cost for me to buy all 5 of my items would be $229.50 (plus, the pre-paid styling fee).


Here's How the Original Post Read:

I'm still trying to decide what to do.  I definitely want to keep the blue pants ($78) and probably the blue blazer ($78) and dress ($68) too.  Those 3 pieces alone will cost me $224 minus the pre-paid $20 styling fee = $204.  For $25.50 I can keep the other two tops and wear them once I lose weight.

What do you think I should do?  I need some help deciding!  Luckily for me I have 3 days to do just that before I have to check out.  (I was just at Kohl's yesterday and they do not have anything like these pieces that are cheaper or that fit me.  I was looking since I already knew the prices of what was in this box).  I'll update this blog post once I decide what I'm keeping.

Here's the Updated Decision:

I had originally planned on keeping the pants for sure, but in the end, my budget only allowed me to keep 1 piece right now.  I eliminated the two tops and the blazer due to fit issues and was debating between the dress and the pants.  After thinking about it (and trying both pieces on numerous times), I decided to keep the dress.  Wearing a dress it outside of my comfort zone, but having the dress on made me smile when I had it on and it was the piece I kept thinking about.  The fit is versatile too - it fits now, but it will also fit when I lose weight.  I also reasoned that buying pants right now when we're on the brink of warmer weather maybe wasn't the best way to go.



For my next fix, I did request the same cobalt blue Denna Skinny jeans in a Capri pant version, as well as the navy sailboat sweater I've seen other Fixers receive.  I also noted in my feedback (again) that I wanted all tops my stylist sends me to be under $40 unless they're tops I've specifically requested (like the sailboat sweater).

I scheduled my next Fix for May 1 to give me time to lose a few lbs and save money up for Spring clothes.  (There are currently Fixes that can be scheduled for 2 weeks out though).

If you like this blog and want to sign up for your own Fix, please click on this link.  If anyone signs up by clicking this link, I will receive a $25 referral credit towards my next Fix.  :)

XOXO,

Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. Man kohls never has anything decent anymore. I say go ahead and purchase all. It's a great deal regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of the jacket! I got one in gray and have worn it several times for work things. It's so comfy, but you still look put together - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your feedback! I was tempted to keep everything like you said Lillie, but decided to stick to my budget and only keep the dress. (Ugh!! I scheduled this Fix the same week as my husband's birthday. What was I thinking?!). I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for a cobalt blue blazer that fits me though. (Had it fit me right, it would've definitely been a keeper!! I agree with you Lola - it was a great style and was very comfy).

    ReplyDelete