Wednesday, April 16, 2014

31 Days of Decluttering - Day #27 - T-Shirts

T-Shirts - for the most part I hate them!  It's as simple as that!  I wore them all the time in college (you know - back when pairing them with men's boxer shorts was a thing.  Yes, I'm that old!).  I still have a closet full of them, but except for my "Anderson University Social Work" one and a select-few others that are super-comfy, I really don't wear them.  So, this project is perfect for me! 

Let me preface what I deem a "t-shirt" - it's anything that looks or fits like a man's t-shirt (AKA - shapeless).  I don't count the cutesy fitted v-neck shirts from Victoria's Secret or colored burnout tops as "t-shirts".  

The "before" photo:


Action steps according to "From Overwhelmed to Organized":
  • Throw out any t-shirts that are worn, ripped, or have holes (or use them for cleaning rags)
  • Relocate any items that don't belong with your t-shirts
  • Donate or give away all t-shirts you haven't worn in the last 3 months
  • Donate or give away any t-shirts you don't like
  • Donate or give away t-shirts that don't fit well
The "after" photo:


Far left pile - shirts that went into my main closet to wear on days like today when I'm just relaxing, running errands, and be-bopping (AKA - tinkering) around the house
Middle pile - went into the spare bedroom closet b/c I'll wear them this year
Far right pile - all getting donated to AmVets

Next Up:  Coats & Jackets

1 comment:

  1. Wait, I still have a pair of boxer shorts in my rotation... They're not cool anymore? LOL!

    ReplyDelete