Wednesday, April 9, 2014

31 Days of Decluttering - Day #20 - Under the Bed

Sorry I'm a few days behind on getting this posted.  The husband/wife shoe tossing debate threw me off on hitting the "publish" button (see below).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I think of looking under the bed, I automatically think of my husband's smelly shoes b/c that's where he stuffs them.  I put his shoes in this deodorized plastic thing before, but as soon as he took them out to wear them, they never went back in.  Alas - in I go....


The action steps according to "From Overwhelmed to Organized":
  • Throw away any garbage you find
  • Consider what the purpose of your space under the bed is and then based on that purpose, decide what to keep and what to purge
  • Relocate any items that do not belong under your bed (kids' toys, dishes from a late-night snack, dirty laundry, etc.)
I tried to take pictures of the before/after under the bed but it's dark under the bed, so no pictures turned out.  I ended up sticking his tennis shoes in one of my empty boot boxes, so at least they can be stored in that.  I tried to get hubs to let me throw away a pair of old work shoes he hasn't worn in about a year, but that was trumped.  (He swears he wears them every day even though they have dust on them).

In the end, I pulled some of hubs dirty socks out and organized his shoes that were under there.  I think next time I'm at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I'll buy some clear plastic shoe boxes so his stinky shoes can go in there.  :) 

Next Up:  Fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment