Tuesday, April 8, 2014

31 Days of Decluttering - Day #19 - Toys

Since I don't have any kiddos, this day could've been a free day for me.  However, there's always something that can be decluttered.


For those of you who do have kids, here are the action steps according to "From Overwhelmed to Decluttered":
  • Throw away any toys that are broken or have missing pieces
  • Relocate items that are mixed in with toys but belong somewhere else
  • Donate, give away, or sell all toys that your kids have outgrown
  • Donate, give away, or sell all toys that your kids don't play with regularly (or haven't played with in 3 months, 6 months, or whatever time frame you choose)
  • Purge a bunch of "little toys" your kids have forgotten about (party favors, Happy Meal toys, etc.)
  • Consider how much space you have for toy storage and purge further if necessary
To help keep toys from getting cluttered again, follow the "one-in-one-out rule".  Also, make sure you have a place for every toy or group of toys so that your kids can put them back.  You'll still have to go through toys periodically, but these rules should help!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I said, I don't have kids yet.  So, I decided to use this day to formally put my AmVets donation together and to log all the items I'm donating (for tax purposes).  By doing this, I'm actually decluttering the portion of my office and trunk that currently hold these items.

To log the items I'm donating, I used this website and logged everything in:  http://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/itsdeductible/index.jsp.  It was so easy!

Next Up:  Under the Bed

No comments:

Post a Comment