Thursday, May 14, 2015

What.A.Year!!

It's been a while since my last blog post and all I can say is "What a Year"!  When we left off, I had left my employer of nearly 10 years and taken a less stressful job and a huge pay cut!  Life was all about simplifying....  I had simplified so much that I really didn't have much to blog about at the time.  (The garden eventually died, the weight I lost doing Take Shape for Life came back b/c we always ordered lunch at my new job, and I had stopped all my subscription boxes).  For the first time in many, many, many years I was living life relatively unstressed.  And you know what happened - I got bored and TOO relaxed!

Enter an unexpected job offer......

I get a phone call from my best friend saying her boss was going to call me.  There is a Director position open at the sister company where she works and he wants me for the job.  Ummmm - what!?!  Long story short - I accepted the job and am now the Executive Director of an agency that specializes in serving individuals with Developmental Disabilities and Autism.  I've spent the past 3 months trying to get my bearings and grow the business.  The best part - I feel alive again!  Stressed - yes, proud - yes, at peace that I'm where I'm supposed to be right now in my life work-wise - yes again.  Let the journey continue!

(Head shot for my new job)

1 comment: