Thursday, May 21, 2015

POPSUGAR MUST HAVE Subscription Box Review - May 2015

What it is:  A monthly lifestyle delivery subscription box.  

Cost:  $39.95/month + tax (discounts available for signing up for a 3 or 6 month subscription).  I signed up for a 3-month subscription for $109.85 + tax ($112.71 total) and saved $10 off the regular price.

Details:  Each month, PopSugar Editors choose an assortment of fabulous surprises in categories of fashion, beauty, home, fitness, food, and more.


This Month's Box Included the Following:


1.  Sisters of Lost Angeles - Surf, Sand, Love Beach Towel - RV $40
2.  Middle Kingdom - Mini Plum Vase in Coral Red - RV $20
3.  Kitsch - Tri'd & True Y-Shaped Necklace - RV $32
4.  Sage & Row - Bare Shave Cream - RV $17
5.  Batiste - Dry Shampoo - RV $4
6.  Hammond's Candies - McCraw's Flat Taffy - RV $1

TOTAL RETAIL VALUE = $114.00

A Closer Look:


1.  Sisters of Los Angeles - Surf, Sand, Love Beach Towel - RV $40
This is a nice, plush beach towel and I can always use another beach towel.  Love the bright colors too!  I don't feel like it's worth $40 though.  It's the most expensive item in this month's box, which is a bit of a bummer.  Personally, for that price point I would've preferred a good book or kitchen gadget of some sort to use for picnics since the theme is geared towards summer and Mother's Day.


2.  Middle Kingdom - Mini Plum Vase in Coral Red - RV $20
This is an adorable little vase!  The color is great and it's perfect for picking a few flowers out of my yard and putting them on a table.  It comes in a great little box, which would make it perfect for gifting too!  Not sure if I'll keep this one for myself or gift it later to someone.  


3.  Kitsch - Tri'd & True Y-Shaped Necklace - RV $32
I love silver jewelry, so this necklace is a hit for me!  It's delicate, yet eye-catching - and very lightweight!  I wore this to work today and received several compliments on it.  It held up well too.  (I wondered if it would break easily since it seemed delicate, but it was fine).  Love the postcard that's included in the packaging too!  




4.  Sage & Row - Bare Shave Cream - RV $17
I've never heard of this brand before, but I'm excited to try it.  The price is a steeper than what I'm accustomed to paying for shaving cream, but it's a thick formula.  It smells good too (like lavender and outdoors without being too flowery if that makes any sense).  It left my legs nice and soft after I used it, which is the best part.


5.  Batiste - Dry Shampoo - RV $4
I am a HUGE fan of dry shampoo, so I was happy to receive this.  As advertised, it has a hint of cherry scent to it.  I will definitely use this a lot!


6.  Hammond's Candies - McCraw's Flat Taffy - RV $1
I'm not a big taffy fan usually, but this was good taffy!  I ended up devouring it in less than 5 minutes.  Plus, it fits with the month's summery theme.  A nice sweet treat to end the day with!  

VERDICT:  This box came on a perfect day when I needed a pick-me-up!  Even though I had already read this month's spoilers and knew was was inside, it was fun to open everything and eat the candy.  I can't wait to wear the necklace tomorrow and try the shave cream this weekend!  With my 3-month subscription, this box averages out to $37.57/month and it had a retail value of $114.00.  The necklace, vase, shave cream, and dry shampoo made it worth $37.57 to me!  Two thumbs up!!  

Have you checked out PopSugar yet?  If so, what did you think?

XOXO,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment