Monday, May 18, 2015

JUS by JULIE 3-Day Juice Cleanse

What it is:  A 3-Day Juice Cleanse.

Cost:  $129.99 on Amazon;  $150 thru Jus by Julie and Groupon

Details:  From the Jus by Julie website - "A three day juice cleanse is a quick and easy way to restart your body and start fresh. The cleanse is designed to rid your body of unwanted toxins that cause your body pain, bloating and discomfort. Our three day juice cleanse consists of 18 uniquely blended juices, allowing you 6 juices a day. We have designed the cleanse so that your body gets the maximum amount of nutritional benefits in a quick three days. Upon finishing the cleanse you will most likely feel a renewed sense of energy- thanks to ridding of the toxins, a noticeable decrease in cravings, and a side effect of weight loss. Our cleanse allows you to transition back to a healthy diet as soon as you complete the three days so that you can get right back to catering to your busy lives.

Additionally, our juices are freshly made every morning through our unique blending process that is designed to maintain the fiber of all the ingredients, as this will help your body feel full and nourished all day long."


I have always wanted to try a juice cleanse!  A few weeks ago I hit my all-time heaviest weight ever and decided it was time to focus on weight control/loss again.  I knew I needed to try to "detox" my body from all the sugar cravings I was having and figured this would be a great way to do so!  I did some research and found the Jus by Julie 3-Day juice cleanse to be the cheapest on Amazon.com.  ($129.99 + free overnight shipping).  I also found it on the Jus by Julie website and thru Groupon for $150.00.  


As luck would have it, my Jus by Julie Cleanse and my first shipment from Hello Fresh came on the same day.  The juice cleanse won out though, so the new recipes/meals went into the freezer.

Each day, you are supposed to drink six juices approximately 2-3 hours apart.  The juices were grouped together into three groups of six to make for easy planning.  All of the juices also are numbered on the bottle so you know the order you're supposed to drink them in for each day.


Informational brochures are also included to give you information about the cleanse, including how to do it and how to plan for re-introducing solid food back into your diet.



I started this cleanse on April 29.  The first juice of Day 1 was called "Morning Glory".  I'd never tasted "green juice" before, so I was a bit nervous.  It just tasted like watery lettuce, which makes sense since it consisted of romaine lettuce, kale, spinach, apple, celery, banana, strawberry, and water.  The texture was a bit odd and leafy, but I quickly got past that.


My favorite juice of Day 1 was the last one.  It's called "X-Treme Greens" and consists of kale, spinach, pineapple, orange, hemp seeds, and water.  It's smooth and has a sweet taste to it.  Each night I drank it in a wine glass to celebrate completing the cleanse for the day, but it's one I would gladly drink daily.


The green juices were all the same from day to day, but on Day 2, the second, fourth, and fifth drinks were different.  


I LOVED the Spicy Lemonade (lemon, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and water)!


The Chia Berry was really good too!  It's definitely one I would drink daily as well as a meal replacement!


Day 3's juices are shown above.  Again, I loved the lemonade and Chia Berry drinks.  The Island Coconut was good too, but not as sweet as I was hoping for.


In the end, I am very proud of myself for sticking to the cleanse!  I was nervous about how I'd do with not eating solid foods (I truly enjoy the taste of certain foods), but I was fine!  This cleanse is surprisingly filling!!  I lost 5 pounds doing the juice cleanse, but no inches from my stomach like I was hoping for.  (Not sure if that's normal or not).  My taste buds had to adjust to solid foods when it was over.  (Nothing seemed to have much of a taste for several days afterwards.  Not even Ketsup!).  I am very proud to say I haven't drank any pop since finishing the cleanse and have instead been loading up on water.  I discovered I like Chia seeds too and have been putting them in omelets and whatever else I can blend them into.

Would I do it again?  If I ever feel like my system needs a re-boot again in the future, I probably will.  I would like to learn to make my own Spicy Lemonade drink and X-Treme Greens drink to end my day with.  Both were really good!

Have you ever tried a juice cleanse before?  If so, what did you think?  Any tips??

XOXO,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment