Saturday, September 29, 2012

My Review of the September 2012 Vegan CONSCIOUS BOX

I'm always interested in trying out healthier products, so when I found Conscious Box, I was so excited!  It's the perfect way to test out products, without committing to the often higher costs of them before I know if I like it or not.  

The "Stats" - $12.95/mo plus $7.95/mo Shipping & Handling for the Monthly Plan (they also have 3 month and 6 month subscriptions for which you receive a $3 and $8 discount respectively)

You get (per their website):
  • a variety of pure and natural products each month
  • organic food to vegan beauty products
  • daily living tips, monthly themes, and creative ways to use your box
  • a choice of 2 types of subscriptions - vegan or eco-friendly (I selected the Vegan one just to test items out since I'm not vegan, but am interested in living a healthier lifestyle)

Here's what my September VEGAN Conscious Box looked like:


This little box was packed full of products (which is good, since it costs almost $20/mo).  I did find an online coupon thru Plum District though, so I was able to get a 3-month subscription for $13.28/mo.


Here's what the Vegan box included:

1.  C3 (for stress) all natural sugar free drink mix - .21 oz
2.  Teeccino Maya herbal coffee - 1.05 oz (enough for 6 cups)
3.  Kelapo Virgin Coconut Oil - .5 fl oz
4.  Vega Pre-Workout Energizer - .6 oz
5.  Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil - 1 fl oz
6.  Vaska All Natural Laundry Detergent - .75 oz (enough for 1 load)
7.  Hurraw! Coconut Lip Balm - .15 oz
8.  Clean Well Disinfectant Wipes - 1 wipe
9.  Coco Orange Mango Coconut Milk - 3.5 oz
10.  2 pieces of Madecasse Chocolate - 10 grams total
11.  Cabernet Grape Nourishing Body Cream - .066 fl oz
12.  Artisana Goji & Milk Thistle Nut Butter - .5 oz
13.  Teeccino Vanilla Nut Herbal Coffee - 1 tee-bag
14.  Teeccino Hazelnut Herbal Coffee - 1 tee-bag
15.  Funky Monkey Freeze-Dried Banana with Acai Fruit Crunches - 1 oz
~The box also included various post cards and coupons for items included in the box.

A closer look at the food/edible items:



1.  C3 (for stress) all natural sugar free drink mix - .21 oz - (3 stars) - I liked the effervescent quality of this drink.  I used it on a high-stress day at work and it did seem to calm me down a bit.  It says it's lemon-lime flavor and, I admit, I'm picky when it comes to tastes/aromas.  Personally, I wasn't a fan of the flavor.  
2.  Teeccino Maya herbal coffee - 1.05 oz (enough for 6 cups) - I'm not a coffee/tea drinker, so this product isn't one I'll try.  
3.  Kelapo Virgin Coconut Oil - .5 fl oz - I'm excited to try this and will update the blog to let you know how it was once I do.
4.  Vega Pre-Workout Energizer - .6 oz - I'm intrigued by this.  Again, I'll update the blog once I try this out.
5.  Coco Orange Mango Coconut Milk - 3.5 oz - (5 stars) - This is absolutely DELICIOUS!!  It says it contains 2/3 cup of fruit.  I will definitely be buying some of this to take to work on days when I don't have time to eat breakfast!  I didn't taste the coconut milk as much as I did the mango.  Regardless, it  was yummy!!
6.  2 pieces of Madecasse Chocolate - 10 grams total - (2 stars) - I admit, I can't go vegan on my chocolate.  I tried it and even gave a piece to my husband.  We both agreed the dry flavor, followed by immense tartness, wasn't for us.  I wanted to go suck on a packet of sugar after I ate this!
7.  Artisana Goji & Milk Thistle Nut Butter - .5 oz  - I haven't tried this yet, but will update the blog once I do.
8.  Teeccino Vanilla Nut Herbal Coffee - 1 tee-bag - Once again, not a tea drinker, so I'll be passing this along to my family/co-workers.
9.  Teeccino Hazelnut Herbal Coffee - 1 tee-bag - (Same with this one)
10.  Funky Monkey Freeze-Dried Banana with Acai Fruit Crunches - 1 oz - (5 stars) - VERY tasty!  It has the consistency of a malted milk ball when you put it in your mouth, but tastes quite good.  I'd buy these for a road trip or for my office drawer.

A closer look at the household/beauty items:



11.  Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil - 1 fl oz - From the website, "Magnesium’s benefits can include reduced symptoms from conditions such as chronic pain, fatigue and insomnia. Magnesium may also provide protection from a number of chronic diseases, especially those associated with aging and stress".  I'm giving this sample to my mom so she can test it out.  I'll let you know what she says about it.
12.  Vaska All Natural Laundry Detergent - .75 oz (enough for 1 load) - My laundry is washing in this product as we speak.  It's a clear detergent.  The scent was very soapy though (not floral or "pretty" like most of the mainstream detergents).  Will update more once I see how well it cleaned the laundry.
13.  Hurraw! Coconut Lip Balm - .15 oz - (5 stars) - I LOVE this product!!  It's very moisturizing to the lips and has a wonderful coconut smell to it.  It's not flavored though, so try not to lick your lips :).
14.  Clean Well Disinfectant Wipes - 1 wipe - I threw this in my purse when I went to a college football game and LOVED it!  The wipe was substantial and had plenty of product on it and left my hands feeling clean (even after using a port-a-potty - gross!!!) while tailgating.  It saved the day!!
15.  Cabernet Grape Nourishing Body Cream - .066 fl oz - (4 stars) - This cream has the texture of shea butter cream.  It's a natural, cream color and smells really great - like fresh-squeezed grape juice.  It's moisturizing, but not overly oily.  I'm not a big cream person, but I would definitely buy this product!
~The box also included various post cards and coupons for items included in the box, which is nice.

The "Final Verdict" - 4.5 stars!!  I didn't break the samples down by price this time simply because I haven't had the time yet to do so.  The fact that I received 15 products for $13.28 (discounted price thru Plum District) though makes me a happy camper!  I've found a few things I love so far - the Coconut Milk, Hurraw Lip Balm, Funky Monkey snacks, and Grape Body Cream.  The de-stress drink mix was interesting and there's still 5 products I need to try out.  The only things I don't like are the teas/coffees (simply because I don't drink them), but I will definitely gift them to my family who will enjoy them.  I look forward to receiving my next Conscious box!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment