Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 2012 "Fall Forward" GLOSSYBOX Review


This is my review of the September 2012 Glossybox Box.  It's theme was "Fall Forward".

The "Stats" - 

Frequency:  Subscriptions are available at the following terms - Monthly, 3 Months, 6 Months, 12 Months (discounts are offered for signing up for the longer terms).  I personally am signed up for the Monthly Subscription.

Cost:  $21.00/month (shipping is free) for the Monthly subscription

Products:  5 travel-sized beauty products delivered monthly

Here's what my September 2012 Glossybox looked like:



It comes in a light pink box decorated with cute black and pink crown crests outside and within.  


Here's a look at all the products that were in the box:



First impression - "Wow!  Regal looking (box) with big samples inside!"  

This box included:  (Retail Values are listed for the size actually received in the box, not the full-sized product unless that's what they sent in the box).

The Products:
1.  OC8 Professional Mattifying Gel - 1.6 oz (FULL SIZED) - RV $30.00
2.  Missha M Perfect Cover BB (Blemish Balm) Cream - 50ml (FULL SIZED) - RV $29.99
3.  Kryolan for Glossybox Lipstick in "Glossy Pink" - .14 oz (FULL SIZED) - RV $14.00
4.  GK Hair Balancing Shampoo - approx. 2 fl oz - RV $3.96
5.  GK Hair Balancing Conditioner - approx. 2 fl oz - RV $3.96 

TOTAL VALUE of the products I received:  $81.91
MY COST:  $21.00

A closer look at the Products:
1.  OC8 Professional Mattifying Gel - 1.6 oz (FULL SIZED)- Will update this blog once I test this product out.
2.  Missha M Perfect Cover BB (Blemish Balm) Cream - 50 mL (FULL SIZED) - (4 stars) - I was very excited to test this product out.  I had heard of BB creams before, but this is the first one I've had the chance to sample.  It is very creamy and went on smooth.  I received color #21 - Light Beige - which is perfect for my skin during fall/winter months when my skin tone is at it's lightest.  Unfortunately, this box came the day before I left for Jamaica.  I was able to use it before I left, but now after being in the sun for 6 days, my face is quite darker and the color is now too light for me.  I look forward to using it again though when my skin tone lightens back up.  LOVE the full-sized product size too!  



3.  Kryolan for Glossybox Lipstick in "Glossy Pink" - .14 oz (FULL SIZED) -(4 stars) - The color is a very pretty dusty rose color.  And again, I'm very appreciative of the full-sized sample.  Unfortunately, I have dozens of lipsticks, so I think I might put this one on Listia simply because I don't need anymore of them.  
4.  GK Hair Balancing Shampoo - approx. 2 fl oz - (5 stars) and 
5.  GK Hair Balancing Conditioner - approx. 2 fl oz - (5 stars) - I took this duo with me to Jamaica and used it daily the entire time I was there.  The size (I'm estimating each bottle is 2 fl oz since the bottles don't say how much is in there, but it could be more) was absolutely perfect for my trip!  The scent is jasmine/vanilla-ish and smells FANTASTIC!  For 6 days, my hair was submerged in salt water, chlorine, and ended up with sunblock in it, which is normally very drying and leaves my hair feeling like straw.  However, using this duo daily after being at the beach & pool left my hair feeling soft, shiny, and smelling great!  I will definitely be buying the full-sized versions of these products to use from now on.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these products!!

The final verdict: 4.5 stars!!  I am very happy with the quality of the products received in this box!  The sizes are very generous (3 of them being full-sized) and I found a new shampoo/conditioner duo out of this box to use from now on.  The value and price are nice too ($21 for $81.91 worth of products).  I know this is only my first box, but so far, I'm definitely a fan!!

1 comment:

  1. this month's box was the besssst! i loved everything in it :D

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete