Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Review of the September 2012 BEAUTY ARMY Sample Box


This is my review of the Beauty Army September 2012 Box.

The "Stats" - 

Frequency:  Monthly (though you have the option to skip months if you don't like the available sample options).  

Cost:  $12.00/month (shipping is free)

Products:  Choose up to 6 of the 9 available samples offered based upon your completed profile.  All products are sample sized.

Here's what my September 2012 Beauty Army box looked like:



It comes in a white box decorated inside with cute army print.  Here's a look at all the products that were in the box:


First impression - "Hmmm!  These samples are pretty small!"  The website states the size of the samples, but admittedly, I'm not good at picturing the sizes until I actually see them.  I quickly double-checked to see how much I paid for this box ($12).

This box included:  (Retail Values are listed for the size actually received in the box, not the full-sized product unless that's what they sent in the box)

The Products:
1.  Nailtiques Formula 2 Nail Protein - .25 fl oz - RV $9.50
2.  Fiafini Divine Hydration Moisturizer - .17 oz - RV $3.85
3.  Lipsi Cosmetics Aphrodite Powder - .17 fl oz - RV $4.59
4.  Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream - .1 fl oz - RV $.93
5.  Nume Hydro Punch Shampoo - .67 oz - RV $1.98
6.  Macadamia Hair Heating Oil Treatment - 1 fl oz - RV $9.51 

TOTAL VALUE of the products I received:  $30.36
MY COST:  $12.00

A closer look at the Products:
1.  Nailtiques Formula 2 Nail Protein - .25 fl oz - will update this blog once I have a chance to test out this product.
2.  Fiafini Divine Hydration Moisturizer - .17 oz - I didn't read the description well enough on this sample before selecting it.  It's a face/neck moisturizer for sensitive skin, but has Marula Oil in it.  I have combination skin, so putting a product with oil in it on my face would not be a good idea.  This is going straight to Listia.
3.  Lipsi Cosmetics Aphrodite Powder - .17 fl oz - Will update this blog once I have a chance to test out this product.
4.  Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream - .1 fl oz - (1 star) - This cream is made from olive oil, beeswax, honey, bee pollen, royal jelly, and Propolis extract and it is SOOO oily!  I've been pretty vocal about the fact I'm not really a cream/lotion fan.  (Generally, I don't like the heavy feeling of it on my skin).  I put this on my arms and nearly washed it off.  It is the color/texture of mucus (gross yellow color and slimy to the touch).  It seemed like something that might work well on my feet though, so I slathered some on my feet/heels and put socks on over it.  Will let you know how it works.
5.  Nume Hydro Punch Shampoo - .67 oz - (2.5 stars) - The bottle says it's moisturizing, but it didn't seem to have that effect on my hair.  In fact, after blow drying, my hair was full of static and looked really dry/straw-y.  It did smell good though - floral with musky hints.  I wanted to love this product, but unfortunately, it isn't something I'd buy/use.
6.  Macadamia Hair Heating Oil Treatment - 1 fl oz - This is a product I've been wanting to try for some time now.  I will update this blog once I've had a chance to test it out.

The final verdict:  2.5 stars!!  I debated on whether to get this box or not.  The only reason I really did was to try the Macadamia Oil Treatment on my hair.  Plus, the fact you can skip a month if you don't like the offered samples is nice.  However, the size of the samples and the value ($12 for $30.36 worth of product) is not very impressive.  Since I can skip a month, I'll keep this open for another month or two, but I have a feeling this is one I'll cancel soon thereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment