Saturday, September 19, 2015

Becoming Minimalist Week #9 & Project 333 Capsule Wardrobe Update

The goal I set for this week was simple:  Purge 69 items (the minimum number needed for the week to meet my annual goal of eliminating 50% of my belongings) and if I go over that, great!  I also want to sort through a clothes basket of items that's already been inventoried and either put away or purge what's in the basket.

Saturday - Day #57

My best friend and her husband came up last night and are here until tomorrow morning.  We went and got manis and pedis in the morning and then watched college football and relaxed in the afternoon.  Went to a Japanese Steakhouse for dinner.  Yum!  It was so great to spend time with our friends!  

Sunday - Day #58

I mentioned last week I was nervous about meeting this week's purge goal since we had plans all weekend (and the weekend is when I'm usually really able to focus on purging).  However, this morning, I went thru the table where I had all the items stored that I was going to put on eBay and decided to see what my best friend wanted/could use.  Nearly 60 items went home with her!  Who-hoo!!  I'm glad too because I know she'll use them/appreciate them!  As of right now, I've purged 78 items for the week so far and have already met my goal for the week.  Now I just have to go through that basket of items that was on the list too.  

On a more personal note, today was also my nephew's dedication at church and baby shower/family get together.  There were 60+ people at my sister's house and we were able to spend time with relatives we haven't seen in years.  It was so nice and everyone seemed to have a great time!  Tomorrow it's back to work.

Monday - Day #59

In an unexpected turn of events, my husband and I ended up separating our closets today.  It all started with a simple request on my behalf that he not put clothes he'd worn back in the closet because what he put back in there yesterday smelled heavily of smoke.  (He's a smoker and I'm not).  The ensuing conversation lead to this idea.  I'm not sure why we didn't think of this sooner honestly.  I am so anal with my closet organization.  All the hangers have to match and my clothes are all hung according to color and sleeve length, etc.  Now he can use wire hangers (yuck) and throw things on the bottom of the closet floor in the guest bedroom closet and I don't have to look at it and get irritated and pick up after him.  He's got his man closet and I have my girlie closet.  All is well!  


(Left:  His clothes before.  Right series:  All the clothes I have to fit into the space where his clothes were)

Well, not quite.  Doing this meant combining an entire closet's worth of clothes into half the space.        

Tuesday - Day #60

Finished the closet transition after work today.  I kept shuffling things around because my closet still doesn't quite look how I want it to.  (There's a crate of clothes that's a size smaller than what I am now that I'm trying to figure out where to put).  


(Clothes on the left are my Fall/Current Options;  Clothes on right side are what's in Project 333)

Wednesday - Day #61

Work was stressful today, so the husband and I went and got a massage after work.  My order from The Limited arrived, but it was 86 degrees outside today, so I was in no mood to try on jeans and sweaters.  Maybe I'll try things on this weekend when it's supposed to be cooler.  Twilight Zone moment - since when am I not excited for new clothes to arrive?!  Normally I dive right in and twirl around in things.  Maybe I really am getting the hang of this downsizing thing!

Thursday - Day #62

I read this blog post last week and it made me feel better about trying to do Project 333.  It basically said that 33 items is NOT a magic number and the number of items you have needs to fit your body and lifestyle.  Ironically though, even though I basically have permission to add more items to my wardrobe I'm wearing now, the only thing I've added since last week was this rose gold colored necklace set (#31) I wore today.  (I love rose gold, ivory, and grey together)!  Other than that, so far, I'm OK with what I've been wearing.  It also said the new wardrobe capsule should start at the beginning of October.  This is perfect since the seasons are changing here in the Midwest and it's about time to break out the sweaters!



My husband is out of town for business tonight, so I came home from work, took a shower, and blogged/caught up on reading some blogs.  As of 8pm, the TV and/or lights have not been on and I LOVE IT!!  Sometimes peace and quiet is the most beautiful of sounds!  It's just me, my pets, and some candle light.  A crescent moon is shining through the living room window from above.  Breathe out!.....  

Friday - Day #63

My Fabletics order from last week arrived yesterday.  Today I wore the black cardigan (#32) to work as part of casual Friday.  I had no professional meetings scheduled, so college team attire it is!  (The OSU shirt is #33).  Who-hoo!!

Here's a look at this week's outfits:


(Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday)

Apparently it was "wear dark clothes" week at my house.  Next week I'll have to break some color out!  Putting all these photos side by side makes me realize I apparently have a style too - scoop neck tops with cardigans over them and comfy flat shoes.  I also have one pose I know too apparently!  :)

Totals for this Week:

Current Inventory - 10,465

Items Purged - 2909
Items Donated - 1237
Items Used - 498
Items Sold/Returned - 78 
TOTAL ITEMS ELIMINATED = 4722

(4722/15187) = 31.09% of items inventoried have been eliminated so far

Next week's goal:   I'm going to stick to my tried and true method from the past few weeks and make my goal the minimum number needed to make my annual goal (69 items).  It ended up working out really well this past week and I purged 191 items total.  I didn't go thru that basket I mentioned, so I definitely want to get thru it this weekend!

Want to receive automatic notifications of new blog posts?  Subscribe to my blog by entering your e-mail address to the right.  It's that easy!  :)  Happy decluttering!

XOXO,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment