Thursday, August 20, 2015

TARGET Beauty Box Review - August 2015

Some of you may be surprised to find a beauty box review on here since I'm working on becoming more minimalist.  This box had several items I was actually needing though, and buying it was cheaper than buying what I needed individually.  So, I went for it!


Cost:  $7.53 with tax

What's Inside:  6 beauty items from Target


Here's a list of the products:

1.  Clairol Hair Food Moisturizing Mask (Full Size) - RV $12
2.  Fekkai Pré-Soleil Hair Mist - RV $6.80
3.  Olay Active Botanicals Moisturizing Toner - RV $1.80
4.  Olay Active Botanicals Day Lotion - RV $3.60
5.  Crest 3D White Strips 1hr Express - 1 set - RV $11.25
6.  CoverGirl Super Sizer Mascara by Lash Blast (Full Size) - RV $6

TOTAL RETAIL VALUE:  $41.45

A closer look:

Clairol Hair Food Moisturizing Mask (Full Size) - RV $12


Conditioner is one of the items I was actually about to run out of and needed to buy.  This is advertised as a "mask", but I've been using it as a regular conditioner and just leaving it on a bit longer in the shower and it's worked great.  I LOVE the apricot smell too!  It's not something I will pay $12 for in the future, but I love that it came with this box and I needed it!

Fekkai Pré-Soleil Hair Mist - RV $6.80


I've never tried a product like this and it's not really something I need to use since I'm not out in the sun a lot.  I might use it if I go to a concert, hiking, or camping though.  It has sunflower seed oil in it, so I'll probably use it during the winter months when my hair gets really dry too.  

Olay Active Botanicals Moisturizing Toner - RV $1.80
Olay Active Botanicals Day Lotion - RV $3.60


This is another practical item in the box that lead me to buy it.  I wear Oil of Olay moisturizer DAILY and swear by it!  I've never tried their botanicals line, but after trying both, have become a fan!  I have sensitive skin, but both products moisturized my skin without causing any redness or reaction.  These are great travel sizes too, so I can throw them in a duffel bag and they won't take up a ton of room.  (Plus, I'll use them up pretty quickly and be able to remove them from my inventory soon too).

Crest 3D White Strips 1hr Express - 1 set - RV $11.25


I like Crest White Strips and have used them in the past.  Not sure why one set is so pricey though!  The ones I've used before have a minty flavor to them and these didn't for some reason.  They did seem to lighten my teeth a shade or two, but overall, I wasn't a fan of them.  They didn't sit right on my teeth and were just awkward to have in.  

Cover Girl Super Sizer Mascara by Lash Blast (Full Size) - RV $6


This mascara was the other reason I bought this box.  The one I was using needed to be replaced, so when I saw I could get this box for $7 and a tube of mascara alone would cost me $7 or $8, it was a no brainer!  The shade I received was called "Very Black", which is what I usually wear.  I'd never tried this particular kind of Cover Girl mascara before with this wand.  I usually go for the wands that have a bushier, curved brush so the mascara goes on smoothly and separates my lashes.  This is a plastic wand and the mascara goes on a bit heavier/goopier in some spots.  It's not something I'll buy again just b/c of the wand, but it will do the trick for the next three months until it's time to replace my mascara again.

FINAL VERDICT:  As I mentioned earlier, I purchased this box because I needed mascara and conditioner.  This box fulfilled both of those needs and I'll use everything else included as well.  I don't foresee myself needing $15 worth of beauty products in the next few weeks, so the coupon, although nice, will probably go unused.  All in all, I'm very happy with this box!  Target seems to offer the box for the price of one item in it, so the value is always well worth it!

What did you think of this Target beauty box?

XOXO,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment