Sunday, October 11, 2015

Becoming Minimalist - 3 Months in and my First NFL Football Game!

The goal I set for this week was simple:  Purge 69 items (and kick my cold)!

So far, my Fall capsule wardrobe includes the following:

1.  White 3/4 sleeve top
2.  Magenta split-back long sleeve top (added Tuesday)
3.  Maroon/navy/white sleeveless print top
4.  Maroon short sleeve sweater top (added Monday)
5.  Black/grey/toffee long sleeve top (added Wednesday)
6.  Burnt orange sleeveless top (added Thursday)
7.  Burnt orange cardigan (added Thursday)
8.  Teal jeans
9.  Black dress pants (added Monday)
10.  Grey jeans (added Tuesday)
11.  Black skinny jeans (added Wednesday)
12.  Off-White skinny jeans (added Thursday)
13.  Black flats
14.  Grey Toms (shoes) (added Tuesday)
15.  Brown tall boots
16.  Taupe flats (added Thursday)
17.  Lia Sophia beveled paprika red necklace
18.  Lia Sophia grey/clear crystal Stanton earrings
19.  Lia Sophia beaded Savannah necklace
20.  Lia Sophia acorn earrings
21.  Lia Sophia Christina's Joy necklace (added Wednesday)
22.  Lia Sophia Crystals and Cream necklace (added Thursday)
23.  Lia Sophia Wisp necklace (added Thursday)
24.  Lia Sophia Posey earrings (added Thursday)
25.  Rose gold colored watch

As I mentioned previously, I'm week building it as I go, so I'll add to the list as I wear new pieces.  I'm also not limiting myself to just 33 pieces.  I am a jewelry lover, so for me, staying in the 45-50 piece range (jewelry included) is more feasible.  

Saturday - Day #78

Saturday was a day of rest.  We're talking nothing but watching college football under a blanket on the couch and taking cold Rx all day to try to kick this cold!  

Sunday - Day #79



Sunday was one of the cooler experiences I've ever had!  By now you know I love sports (especially football)!  I went to college in Indiana and became a huge Indianapolis Colts fan while I was there back when Peyton Manning first signed with the Colts and losing seasons were the norm.  



My husband was able to get us free tickets in a suite to watch the Colts play Jacksonville on Sunday and there was NO WAY I was going to miss this game, no matter how bad I felt!  It was actually my first regular season NFL game I'd ever been to and it was AMAZING!!  The pure size of the stadium blew my mind!  That coupled with the flowing banners hanging from the open roof, the lights, the smell of the food vendors, and the sound of the fans cheering as loud as they possibly can is something I'll never forget!



The Colts won after kicking a winning field goal in overtime, which made the experience even better.  Who-hoo!!



Majorly cool event checked off my life's bucket list!

Monday - Day #80

Back to reality and back to work!  I had to go to a Provider Fair near Dayton, Ohio, so black pants were in order.  I paired it with this maroon sweater top I've had forever.  It's one of my "oldie-but-goodies" so to speak and I love it!  As I mentioned last week, this dark red color is a fall staple, so you'll see me wearing it a lot (along with the necklace I have on in the photo below).



Tuesday - Day #81

It ended up being 80 degrees outside today, which almost threw my capsule wardrobe all off!  I wore my white capri pants to the CoIts game yesterday, so they were in the laundry to be washed.  I started out with my white long dress shorts on, but then didn't want to have to add those to my item list because of one fluke warmer-than-usual day.  I ended up settling on my magenta long sleeve open back top, my grey comfy jeans (#makesacoldbetter), and my Tom's since I didn't have any meetings scheduled.  We had the air conditioning on in the office, so long sleeves ended up being fine.  Living in a climate where the seasons change and the weather can be unpredictable is definitely a challenge if you're trying to stick to a capsule wardrobe, but as you can see, it is doable.  You just have to be a little creative with your choices!  

Wednesday - Day #82

Another warmer day.  I ended up pulling out one of my lighter weight tops for Fall and pairing it with my black skinny jeans and flats.


I always pair my Lia Sophia "Christina's Joy" necklace with this top to give the outfit a bit of color.  The tan color blocking on the shoulder blade matches the neutral color of the necklace perfectly!


Thursday - Day #83

The weather was in the mid-70's today, so I was able to wear a bit heavier clothes.  I paired my sleeveless orange top with a matching lightweight cardigan and my off-white jeans.  I typically only wear this orange top/cardigan set in October and November of each year due to the colors, so you're going to see it a lot over the next two months.  The off-white jeans still gave it a lighter feel.


I had never worn this Lia Sophia "Crystals and Cream" necklace until today.  In fact, it was one I was planning on selling on eBay.  However, it pulled the gold accents in the top and the cream jeans together perfectly.  I paired it with my Lia Sophia "Posey" orange flower earrings and the shorter Lia Sophia "Wisp" necklace for a nice layered look.  These taupe flats from Victoria's Secret finished the look.

Friday - Day #84

By now you know I love casual Friday!  I didn't take a picture, but my look included a 3/4 sleeve OSU top, denim capris, and my grey Toms.  I was uber-comfy and loving it!

Totals for this Week:  This week was a tougher one for me purging-wise just because I was more focused on trying to rest/kick this cold than I was on eliminating items.  I purged 70 items total, which BARELY met my goal.  I did cross the 5,000 items eliminated mark though this week, which was cool!

Current Inventory - 10,301

Items Purged - 2987
Items Donated - 1313
Items Used - 637
Items Sold/Returned - 87 
TOTAL ITEMS ELIMINATED = 5024

(10301/15325) = 32.78% of items inventoried have been eliminated so far

Next week's goal:   Eliminate another 69 items and go thru my drawer in the kitchen that holds all my measuring cups, spatulas, etc. and see what I really use/can eliminate.

Want to receive automatic notifications of new blog posts?  Subscribe to my blog by entering your e-mail address to the right.  It's that easy!  :)  Happy decluttering!

XOXO,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment