Monday, June 16, 2014

The Honest Company - Discovery Kit Review

I am always looking for new products, especially ones that are Paraben-free and more natural (AKA - less chemical ingredients I can't pronounce).  I'd seen promotions for Jessica Alba's "Honest Company" in various magazines and decided to give them a try.  

I logged onto their website and signed up for a free "Discovery Kit", which includes 5 trial-size products.  You could choose between a "Diapers and Wipes" bundle, an "Essentials" bundle, and a "Health and Wellness" bundle.  I selected the "Essentials" bundle, which came with the following products:

1.  Shampoo & Body Wash
2.  Face & Body Lotion
3.  Multi-Surface Cleaner
4.  Healing Balm
5.  Hand Soap

Here's the catch - you have to pay $5.95 shipping/handling and are automatically enrolled in their monthly delivery service UNLESS you call and cancel it within 7 days of receiving your discovery kit.  (The Diapers and Wipes bundle is $79.95/month, the Essentials bundle is $35.95/month, and the Health and Wellness bundle is $39.95/month).

Here is what was shown in the advertisement:



Here is what the kit looked like when it arrived:



Honestly, the samples were smaller than I anticipated, but I guess for free samples, I can't complain.  Still, I paid $5.95 for them, so I wanted them to at least be enough for a few uses so I could really test each of them out.  So, imagine my disappointment when I held the white tube bottles up to the light to find they were only filled this full:



The two clear bottles were filled all the way, but the 3 white bottles only came with minimal product in them.  I promptly called Customer Service and cancelled my membership.  When I informed them three of the bottles were only partially filled, the girl acted like it must've been a fluke.  Right!  Then why weren't the tubes clear too?  Seems a little DIS-Honest to me!  Then I went online and read multiple reviews about how the ingredients included in Honest Co. products aren't as natural and healthy as the Company advertises.  

Overall, I was really disappointed with my whole experience in sampling their products.  The shampoo/body wash did have a nice scent to it and I would've loved to try more of it, but other than that, I wasn't really a fan of what they sent.  I don't think I'll be buying any Honest Company products in the future or trying any of their other "free" samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment