Monday, June 29, 2015

IPSY June 2015 Monthly Subscription Box Review

What it Is:  A monthly beauty subscription box featuring a variety of make-up/beauty products

Cost:  $10/month (free shipping)

Details:  Subscribers complete a beauty profile.  Based off your profile, Ipsy sends you 5 sample-size (and some full-sized) products each month.




The Products:


1.  Ipsy Glam Bag - RV $4.99 (estimated)
2.  IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil (FULL SIZE)- RV $24
3.  Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer (.25 fl oz) - RV $8
4.  Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish in "4 Alarm Fire" (FULL SIZE) - RV $7.99
5.  Altchek DePuff Eye Pads (2 packets of them) - RV $4
6. TreStique Mini Shadow Crayon in "Marimoto Pink Pearl" - RV $10.67 

RETAIL VALUE =  $59.65

A closer look:

Ipsy Glam Bag - RV $4.99 (estimated)
Each My Glam bag comes with a make-up bag.  This month, the bag is a fabric, black bag.  It's versatile and has a zip closure.  It's made just for Ipsy, so I've estimated the retail value of it.

IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil (FULL SIZE)- RV $24


Initially, I was skeptical of receiving a universal brow pencil because I have blonde hair.  However, this pencil works for me.  It goes on smoothly and can be applied lightly to match my skin tone.  It has a nice eyebrow brush on the end too, which makes for great application.  This may end up being my go-to brow pencil going forward.  It's definitely worth the $$ in my opinion.

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer (.25 fl oz) - RV $8


I've received this product in subscription boxes before and love Smashbox as a brand.  However, I didn't notice much of a difference when using this product unfortunately.  Plus, using it just adds one more step to my morning make-up routine, which I'm not interested in right now unfortunately.  

Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish in "4 Alarm Fire" (FULL SIZE) - RV $7.99


I mentioned in another post recently that I was tired of receiving off-brand nail polishes in subscription boxes (I wear OPI and Julep mainly 99% of the time).  However, this is the first polish I've owned that has the gel effect finish.  I really like it!  The color is an orangey-red color (even though it looks pinkish in the photo).  It has a shiny finish, which I love!  Definitely a fan of this one!

Altchek DePuff Eye Pads (2 packets of them) - RV $4


I was skeptical of these pads, but they actually worked!  (I'll spare you the photo of me looking like a football player with them on though).  I wouldn't buy them in the future b/c I already have a de-puffing product I use, but I was happy to receive them in this bag.

TreStique Mini Shadow Crayon in "Marimoto Pink Pearl" - RV $10.67 


This is actually my favorite item out of this month's bag!  It goes on creamy and has a shimmery finish to it.  The color is light, which makes for a perfect layering base.  It's normally sold as a trio and I think I'm going to order it soon.  


VERDICT:  I liked this month's Ipsy a lot!  The brow pencil, eye shadow, and nail polish are all great!  I paid $10 for $59.65 worth of merchandise, which is a great deal to me!  You can read my Birchbox review here.  For this month, Ipsy won out as my favorite!  

What do you think?  Have you tried Ipsy before?

XOXO,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment